Chapter 124

Lukas: Is it alright if Emil hangs out with (y/n) today?

Arthur: The boss won't give any of us time off, so she's there by herself. I think that's a great idea.

Lukas: Alrighty i'm waking him up right now

   "Em! Get up!" Lukas exclaimed, barging into the teen's room. Peter looked up from his picture book in interest as Emil raised his head and blinked tiredly. "It's winter break." The teen muttered, flopping his head back down. "It's winter break, and your girlfriend is all by herself at the hospital." The Norwegian stated, putting his hands on his hips, "You're gonna go spend the day with her."

   Emil heaved himself into a sitting position and rubbed his eyes. "She's all by herself?" He frowned. "Yes. Arthur and Alfred and Matt can't get any time off. Now take a shower so you smell nice for your lady." Lukas commanded, turning on his heels and shutting the door. "Your lady?" Peter asked, looking to Emil. "(y/n)." Emil replied. "She's your girrrlllfriennnd." The youngest of the two giggled, and the silver haired teen threw his pillow across the room as he stood up, hitting Peter square in the face.

    Once he had showered and towel-dried his hair, the male stood in front of his closet in his boxers (have fun with that mental picture lmao comment what boxers you imagined him in) and frowned in thought. Deciding on a comfy t-shirt and black skinny jeans, he jammed on his sneakers and grabbed a hoodie along with his backpack off his bed before racing out the bedroom door. "took you long enough." Lukas muttered, grabbing his keys off the counter, "Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "(y/n)." Emil whispered, reaching out to gently poke your face. You pushed his hand away without opening your eyes. "(y/n), I got something for you." He whispered, poking you again. You opened an eye and frowned at him, only to have him lean in and kiss you gently. "Surprise!" He grinned once he pulled away. "That's the surprise?" You smirked sleepily, rubbing an eye. "No, I just wanted to do that." Emil laughed, standing up and gesturing wildly to something out of your view. With effort, you heaved yourself up to a sitting position and scratched at the brace wrapped around your torso to help your ribs. By the door was a plain black wheelchair. "I talked to a nurse and she said I could take you for a walk outside!" Emil said giddily. You looked to the white cast on your leg and snorted. "I can walk myself." You frowned. The male sat on the edged of the bed and snickered. "Sure you can." He smiled, "Now come on. I'll help you."

   "I can do it myself." You stated, slowly moving your legs towards the edge of the bed. "Nope." Emil said, standing up and bending over to pick you up bridal style. "Shitshitshit that hurts." You winced, and Emil marched toward the wheelchair and set you in it quickly. "I'm sorry." He said gently as he dug through his backpack on a chair near where you sat. "What are you-" You began as he pulled out a hoodie from a pocket in the bag. "It's cold outside." He said seriously, draping the hoodie over you. You sighed and slipped it over your head, seeming to give into his demands as he threw open the door and pushed the wheelchair into the hallway. "I can roll myself." You muttered, swatting his hands away and placing your hands on the wheels to turn them manually. "But that's not as fun." Emil pouted, grabbing the braces on your wrists and gently placing your hands in your lap. "Gotta go fast!" He said, gripping the wheelchair handles and beginning to run down the hall.

   "OhMyGodSlowDown," You nearly screamed, making him laugh and slow to a brisk walk. "You weigh like nothing." Emil smiled, and you leaned your head back to glare at him. "It's true, babe." He smirked as you approached the elevator. The receptionist smiled at you warmly as Emil marched out the door with the smile still plastered on his face, stopping only for the automatic doors to open. The hospital had a garden beside it for the more long-term patients, lined with many benches and filled with assorted plants and trees. "It's so pretty." Emil hummed as he pushed you down the sidewalk, leaning down to kiss the top of your head. "Hey," You frowned crankily. "Someone's grumpy." He cooed, making you reach up a braced hand in an attempt to slap him, only to have him grab it and kiss your palm. "Are you hangry? Is that it?" Emil laughed as he released your hand. "No." You stated. Emil parked you by a bench in a patch of sunlight and plopped down beside you.