Chapter 121

"Where is she!?" Alfred exclaimed, pushing open the knobless front door. As Arthur turned around and looked to him from the couch, Matthew appeared behind the American and gasped. "Is that blood?" He said quietly. "It's not hers." Arthur muttered, "And she's upstairs."

  "What happened to you?" Alfred asked, looking in horror at Arthur's bruised face. "I got punched." The Brit said with a small smile, "But (y/n) avenged me."

   "Damn right she did." Yao said from the laptop balanced on Arthur's lap, "That kid is terrifying."

~~~~~~~~~~

    The blankets on your bed were organized into a large nest, with you curled up tightly in the one Arthur gave you for Christmas in the center. You almost couldn't be seen from within all the blankets aside from your bright colored socks poking out. "Hey, kid." Matthew said gently, sitting on the edge of the bed. Alfred joined him, reaching out and poking your toe with his index finger. You didn't react. "Is she breathing?" Matthew muttered, putting a hand on your torso. You winced under the blanket, making him draw his hand back and gently pull back the blanket to reveal your pale, bruised face with eyes wide open. "Shit, she's hyperventilating." The Canadian said, and Alfred instantly flopped down beside you to wrap an arm around you and hug you to him. "It's alright, kiddo." He said, "Alfred's here."

   "Mattie too." Matthew said gently, laying down on the other side of you to look at your face. At the sight of your uncle, you closed your eyes and inhaled deeply, seeming to calm down a bit. "Oh, your face." He said sadly, gently touching your bruised cheek. You winced again, making Alfred hug you tighter. "Hey, just breathe." Matthew said quickly, brushing some hair out of your face.

   It took a while, but eventually your breathing evened and you closed your eyes contently. "Hey kid, no sleeping," Alfred laughed, releasing you to roll over onto his back, "Doctor's orders."

   You sighed while keeping your eyes closed, making Matthew laugh quietly and hug you to him. 

Matthew: I think (y/n)'s going to sleep weather we like it or not

Matthew: She was mid panic attack when we found her and she's pretty worn out

Arthur: At this point I don't really care, just let her sleep. It's better then the war flashbacks

   "Arthur says she can sleep if she wants." Matthew muttered, looking to Alfred. "I think she already is, dude." The American whispered, nodding towards you, who was indeed asleep and curled up Matt. 

"Guess i'm going to be here a while."

~~~~~~~~~~

Lukas: Ay Emil just said his sad senses were tingling and that (y/n)'s not answering her phone. Is she okay?

Arthur: How the hell did he know?

Lukas: Know what?

Arthur: We had an issue with an old stepfather of hers breaking into our house