Chapter 133

4 chapters in 1 sitting I deserve a medal

   It was dark when Arthur woke up. He could barely make out anything in the hospital room, aside from the streetlight lighting up the window. The events of the day came flooding back, making him throw himself into a sitting position and scream from the pain. 

  "Artie, Artie!" Alfred exclaimed, putting his hands on Arthur's shoulders and looking into his face, "It's okay. Chill."

  "Where's (y/n)!?" Arthur screamed. "Shh, Shh. It's okay." Alfred whispered, "Ralph didn't get her. She's alive, Artie."

    Arthur relaxed considerably, letting his shoulders sag. "But where is she?" He asked, trying to even his breathing. "They took her to the psych ward." Alfred explained, "She's okay. They think."

   "I wanna see her." Arthur attempted to get out of the bed. "No visitors allowed. I tried." Alfred sighed, pushing his brother into a lying position, "They said if she does good she'll be out in a week."

  "A week!?" Arthur exclaimed, "I want to see her now!"

   "Hush, they'll yell at you if you're too loud." Alfred said, looking to the door. 

"But-"

"Go to sleep, Artie. You broke your hand, by the way." Alfred muttered, climbing onto the bed to lay beside Arthur. "I'll be right here."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   The next time Arthur woke, the sun was shining through the window. Alfred was awake too, an arm draped over his brother to keep him from sitting up again. "I want (y/n)." Arthur sighed. "I know. It's only a week." Alfred said, hugging his brother close. The door opened at that moment, making the two males look to the door curiously. A nurse poked her head in, looking somewhat nervous. "Are you Arthur Kirkland?" She asked quietly. "Yes." Arthur said slowly.

  "Oh, thank goodness." The nurse sighed, swinging open the door and strolling in, "I've been looking for you."

  "Oh? Why?" Arthur said as he sat up, Alfred assisting him. "You have a daughter, right? (y/n)? I hope I got the right Arthur Kirkland." She said, taking a seat in one of the plastic chairs. "Yes? Is something wrong?" Arthur fretted. "I work in the psych ward, mister Kirkland." She said, "Your daughter said you might be here. She has it in her head you're dead, or close to it."

   "She does?" Arthur whispered. "Yes, sir. Completely unresponsive, unless we ask about you. We can't get her out of bed to participate in the group therapies or anything. I was hoping finding you alive and well would cheer her up." The nurse explained, tightening the ponytail she kept her dark, frizzy hair in. "Oh god, oh god..." Arthur said, looking to his lap. "She described you perfectly. Right down to the eyebrows." The nurse smiled, turning to Alfred, "Are you Alfred? She's talked about you, too. A bit."

"Yeah." Alfred smiled sadly. "She said you and Matthew give lots of hugs, and that she wouldn't mind one of those right about now." The nurse said. Arthur put his head in his hands and rubbed at his watering eyes. "She told me lots and lots about you, mister Kirkland." The nurse smiled, "Was the only time we could get her to say more than a few words."