Chapter 54

"Hey, dad," You said from the top of the stairs as Arthur walked through the front door, "I have a thing from school for you."

  "Did you fight someone?" He asked, hanging up his coat. "Nah, not yet. Just some flyers and stuff for homecoming they insisted we bring home because it's tomorrow." You said as you wandered down the stairs and handed him some papers. Your dad flipped through them and laughed. "Gnomecoming?" He smirked. "Yeah, it's like a magic forest theme or something." You said, "There's a thing where you can sign up to chaperon if you want to be nosy or whatever."

  "Well, if it means I get to be nosy..." Arthur teased.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm still laughing about Gnomecoming." Erika smiled as you ate lunch together. "Same. You ready for tonight, Em?" You said as you ate your lunch. The male nodded, looking kind of nervous. "It's gonna be so fun. I can't believe Erland asked me." Erika said happily as she laid on her back on the grass and used your legs as a pillow. "You're so thirsty. But you two are pretty adorable." You grinned. The blonde put a hand over her heart and pouted at you. "Rude." She smirked, "But I feel like you should be thirstier than me since you're literally made of salt."

  "It's true, (y/n)." Emil grinned. "You got me there." You giggled, "So Em, did you want to just meet at the park? We can avoid embarrassing pictures from out families that way."

  "Nah, Lukas said he told your dad he wanted him to take pictures. We can't escape." Emil frowned. "Aw. Well, at least my uncle won't be there to make fun of us." You smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I wanna do it!" Alfred grinned. "Why do you care so much about chaperoning a high school homecoming?" Arthur said, narrowing his eyes. "Because (y/n) and her boyfriend will be so cute! Seriously dude, please?" The American said with puppy dog eyes. "For the last time, (y/n) is still in denial about them dating. But I guess if you want to stalk my daughter I can't stop you." The eldest replied, "You just have to call the school and let them know you aren't a strange creep so you don't get arrested."

  "Wooo!" Alfred cheered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

  You took one last look in the mirror, admiring the black dress that went down to your knees and sparkled in the light. Your black flats were sitting beside the door and you slipped them on as you wandered down the stairs. Arthur was sitting on the couch and his face lit up when he saw you. "You look great!" He beamed. "Thanks. Emil said Lukas wanted pictures of me and Emil?" You smiled. "Yes." Arthur grinned. A knock at the door came as if on cue and you answered it eagerly.

  Emil was wearing black dress pants that matched his black tie. He looked very dashing in his white button up shirt, and he blushed a tiny bit when he saw you standing there. "Hey," You beamed, "Come on in."

  You turned around with him behind you to find Arthur holding his phone eagerly. "Stand there." He directed, pointing to the wall. You and Emil walked over and did as he said, standing with your arms at your sides a few inches from each other. "Oh my god." Arthur laughed, "You two need to get a room."