Chapter 105

Y'all wore me down 

sorry for any errors, I wrote most of this on my phone under the table @ school bc Ily all enough to risk my phone's life

     You rounded the corner into the neighborhood, your backpack thumping on your back in time with your footsteps. "(y/n)!" Emil screamed from a distance behind you. You picked up speed and fought off the panic that was rising in your chest at the sound of his feet smacking against the pavement growing louder. "(y/n)! Please!" The male repeated. You tried to even your breathing as he got closer to you. Damn his significantly longer legs.

     You glanced behind you before darting into a gap between two apartment buildings. A chain link fence blocked your path, and you swore loudly as Emil skidded around the corner and stopped a few feet behind you. You whipped around and found him with his head hung, staring at the ground. "Emil, I..." you whispered as he took another step forward. "(y/n)..." he began as he inched closer to you, voice low as if angry. You closed your eyes and braced for the worst.

    "I'm sorry!!" Emil exclaimed, snapping his head up to look at you. His eyes were puffy and red, tears streaming down his face. (if you know what this reference is ily) Your eyes widened as he lept forward and smashed his face awkwardly on your chest, arms squeezing you to him. "Em..." You sighed, still shaking from the panic you felt earlier. Emil sobbed against you, and you put a hand on his head as you slowly sat down with him on the dry ground of the alley. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he sniffled, face still smashed against you as he sat on your lap. You tried to not blush when you realized he was practically straddling you. "I didn't wanna scare you, b-but they hurt you and I-"

    "Its okay." You muttered. He continued to stay pressed to your chest as he tried to stop crying, and you gently combed your fingers through his hair while he hiccuped. After a few minutes his tight grip on your torso relaxed, his watery eyes looking up to meet yours. "Please forgive me." he muttered, "I shouldnt've yelled, and got angry, and... And... My face was..." he said, glancing down before his face flushed red.

    You laughed a little at his horrified expression despite the fact that your ears were reddening as well. "you got my shirt all wet." You smiled. "OhMyGodImSoSorry" The male said quickly, scrambling off of your lap and standing up. He held out a hand to you and wiped his wet face with the other as you gently took it and got to your feet beside him. "Uh..." Emil mumbled once you were on your feet, glancing down at your torso. "What?" You asked, knowing exactly where he was looking. You gave him a mildly unamused look before he unzipped his hoodie and thrusted it towards you while looking the other way. You glanced down at your shirt to find that the front of it had become rather transparent due to the moisture. "Oh, shit. Thanks." You muttered, putting on his hoodie and zipping up the front. The sleeves went past the tips of your fingers, making you laugh and smack him with a sleeve.

  "C'mon," you smiled, "My dad gets off early today and he'll get worried if I'm late."

  "Okay." Emil sighed, grabbing your hand through the sleeve and beginning to lead you out of the alley. "Wait." He said suddenly, looking to you a bit nervously. "Hm?" You hummed with a glance. Emil leaned down towards you slightly, pouting his lips slightly. You laughed at his expression, making him pout for real and stand up straight again. "Hey!" he frowned. "You nerd." You smirked, standing on your toes to kiss him. He cautiously put a hand on your waist, and you gently wrapped your arms around his neck to deepen the kiss.  (I feel like such a gd teenage girl rn writing about kisses)