Chapter 61

You put your beloved ukulele back in his case and went to lay on your bed. Burrowing within your many blankets, you grabbed your earbuds and phone before covering your head under the blankets. You selected a playlist and put both earbuds in before closing your eyes contently.

~~~~~~a few minutes later~~~~~~

"Dude, she's not gonna play anything else I think. Can I say hi now?" Alfred whispered. Arthur nodded and stood up before walking up the stairs with his brother at his heels. The Brit gently knocked on your door before opening it a little. A mound on your bed indicated that you had fallen asleep. "She fell asleep that fast?" Alfred said as he peeked behind his brother. "She's been sleeping a lot recently. You can just wake her up, she won't care. I'll be downstairs, she doesn't like a lot of people in her room." Arthur replied, "Oh, and she doesn't say much unless Emil's here, so she might be all talked out."

  "Okay." Alfred nodded, quietly wandering across your room to your bed as Arthur disappeared from the doorway. He sat on the edge of it and gently poked where he thought your face was. You stirred and he grinned to himself. "Wake up," He said quietly, "It's uncle Al."

  The blankets shifted and your messy hair rose from the pile, earbuds still clinging to your ears. You gazed at him tiredly as you sat up all the way and rubbed an eye. "Is that the arm that you bit?" He asked, pointing to your still bandaged arm that you had rubbed your eye with. You looked towards it and nodded silently. "Ouch." Alfred said sympathetically, "How are you feeling?"

  You looked toward him thoughtfully, your expression unchanging for an uncomfortable amount of time before you muttered, "woebegone."

  "Awe." The American pouted, attempting to pull you into a hug. You bent your back at an alarming angle, similar to a glitching Sim, to avoid his grasp. He awkwardly leaned back to where he was originally sitting. "So, uh... whacha listening to?"

   You looked upwards in thought, as if just realizing you were even listening to music. "My Chemical Romance." You replied. "Is that the band that played that creepy song about hell?" Alfred grinned. "Yes." You stated. "Can I hear?" He asked eagerly. You picked up your phone and tapped on it before handing him an earbud. Your uncle took it and scooted next to you as you started a song.

"Well they encourage your complete cooperation,

Send you roses when they think you need to smile.

I can't control myself because I don't know how,

And they love me for it honestly, I'll be here for a while!

"So give them blood, blood, gallons of the stuff!

Give them all that they can..."

  Alfred turned to you with a shocked expression. You had a small smile on your face and were tapping your feet to the beat of the song. "Your taste in music will never cease to shock me." He stated.

"A celebrated man amongst the gurneys.

They can fix me proper with a bit of luck.