Chapter 62

Arthur sighed as he crept down the stairs, the house dark and silent. He grabbed his keys and his briefcase before quietly opening the front door and walking out into the cold of the morning. You were still sleeping soundly, unaware that your dad had left for work.

  The Brit wandered into work with a tired expression, clutching the hot coffee in his hand so hard it burned. He sat down at his desk and sighed, missing you already. "Iggs." Alfred asked from his desk across the aisle. "Yes?" Arthur questioned, spinning his chair to face him. "How's (y/n)? Is she doing better?" His brother asked hopefully. Francis looked up from his desk with interest. "Yeah, how is she?" He chimed in. "Not that great..."  Arthur said. The two males frowned. "How so?" Francis asked. 

  "Well, her doctor decided that now of all times was the time to start prescribing less antidepressants, so even if none of this was happening she wouldn't be doing very good, and this isn't helping..." He responded quietly. "She's on antidepressants?" Alfred questioned quietly. "Yeah, she's on a lot of stuff. But it doesn't matter since she's not really taking anything when she should." The Brit said, "The last time she ate anything was when Emil was over. God, what was that, two days ago? I don't even know..."

  Francis put a hand over his mouth. "Catherine called the other day, which only made things worse. I believe that she yelled at Catherine in the hospital now, Al. She said some pretty dark stuff over the phone." Arthur continued. "Oh god, not Catherine." Alfred said angrily. "(y/n) told her in very vulgar terms to not contact her any more, so hopefully this will be the last we hear." The Brit replied. "So she hasn't eaten in two days?" Francis asked. "Nope. I tried offering her things a few times, but she either ignored me or said she wasn't hungry." Arthur said sadly, "The only reason she ate when Emil was over was because I heard him ask her to. She insisted he eat too then, so i'm assuming he's not doing good either."

  "Was it only the friend she was with who...?" Francis asked timidly. "When she met up with Emil after the intruder was caught he said a few names, so i'm assuming there were other friends she lost." Arthur stated. "Poor thing. She doesn't deserve this." Francis frowned, "And the whole thing with her dad, too..."

  "Yeah. I just wish I could do something besides let her lay in bed all day." Arthur said. "The boss is planning a 'take your kid to work day'. Maybe you could drag her to that." Alfred said, "Everyone would love to see her."

  "I don't think she'd enjoy being in an unfamiliar place for eight hours." Arthur said uncertainly. "Awe c'mon, at least ask her or something." The American pouted, "She needs to get out."

  "Fine. I'll see if she's awake." The Brit sighed, fishing out his phone. "I hope she'd like to come. it'd be nice to see her." Francis smiled a little. 

Arthur: My boss is having a "Take your kid to work day" sometime in the future. Want to come?

  It didn't take long for you to respond.

You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

"What the?" Arthur muttered. "What did she say?" Alfred said eagerly. "She sent a link to a YouTube video." Arthur said, "I'm going to watch it."

  He clicked the link and made sure the volume on his phone was not too loud. Alfred scooted his chair over to watch too. Just seconds after the video loaded, the American burst out laughing. "What is it?" Francis asked, standing up and leaning over his desk to see the screen. "It's the clip from The Office where Micheal screams "no" repeatedly." Arthur said, rolling his eyes, "It appears she's well enough to be sassy."

  "Is this kid even real?" Alfred said as he laughed.

~~~~~~~~~

  You flopped over onto your back with a sigh. Hopefully your response to Arthur's question was clear enough. Going to his work, where people would talk to you, and people would most likely make awkward eye contact, was the exact opposite of where you wanted to be at any given moment. Your phone buzzed on your stomach

Arthur: Okay then. Take your meds today, okay? Please.

  You huffed irritably. Meds were stupid and there is no reason you should take them. You opened snapchat to find Emil had snapped you a few minutes ago. A picture of the sky filled the screen as the message, "Did you eat today?" sat in the middle. You took a picture of your ceiling and typed, "No. Food is dumb."

  "You're dumb for not eating." Was his response. "I'm fine. Have /you/ eaten?" You retorted with a picture of your dresser. "Yes. Because I value being healthy." Emil said with a picture of a tree. "Good for you." A picture of your socked feet. "Eat some fucking food." With a picture of the teens annoyed face, red from the outside cold. "Fucking fine." You typed across a photo of your face, bed head in all its glory. "Document it." Emil said, the words across a photo of his feet.

   You snorted and got up for the first time since yesterday, blacking out for a second. "Damn Em, food is stupid." You muttered as you wandered down the stairs on unsteady legs with your phone in hand. The house was quiet as you stalked to the kitchen and opened the pantry. "What should i fucking eat" You typed across a picture of the many shelves. "Why not that fucking soup" Emil responded, his face smirking in the snap. "Fucking fine" You responded, taking a picture of your hand holding a can of chicken soup. "Fucking good." He said over a picture of cement. "I'm gonna eat this fucker" A picture of the soup in a bowl said. "You eat that fucking soup" Emil's converse said.

  You sent a video of the soup microwaving. He sent a video of him walking down the street. "Back in my fucking lair" You said over a picture of the soup in your lap. "Fucking sweet" Emil responded. Before you could send a snap of you taking a bite, another snap came from Emil. You opened it to find an unfamiliar man's face grinning. "Are you Em's lady?" The message read across the screen. You took a photo of your feet and said, "Yeah man. Who's this?"

  Emil responded a second later. "That's maTHIAS" he said, the video behind the words depicting a blurry man running away as Emil yelled after him. "The one who sent the love note" You responded. 

  "Fucking yes. He's a butt."

Hey guys! You know I love you guys, and don't forget to comment and vote! Asta la Pasta~