Chapter 78

You were sleeping soundly, your breathing even in the dark room. Arthur had gone home at your insistence, leaving the room silent. Silent, of course, beside your phone buzzing near your face. Your eyes squinted at the too bright screen as you picked up and unlocked it.

Emil: You awake?

You: I am now

Emil: I had a shitty dream.

You: Oh shit, what about?

Emil: Can I talk about it face to face?

You: You know the rules, we can't be in the same room because we could be doing kinky shit.

Emil: Yeah... Sorry...

You: waiT

Emil: ?

You: The rules don't say anything about the hallway. Do you have an IV?

Emil: No, you?

You: They decided I didn't need it anymore so i'm good. Meet you in a few?

Emil: Okay

You: Bring your blanket and i'll bring mine

  You unplugged your phone and swung your legs to the side of the bed as you gently slid off. Grabbing the soft hospital blanket, you wrapped it around yourself and crept across the room to the closed door. You gently reached out and turned the knob, a small smile on your face when you opened it without a creak. The children's part of the hospital you and Emil had been placed in was quiet, the hall lights off so the younger residents could sleep. You looked around the empty hallway expectantly until you hear a voice a ways away.

  "(y/n)?" Emil whispered, walking briskly down the hall. He had his blanket wrapped around him as well. You smiled and wandered down the hall to where he stood, shivering slightly. "it's cold out here." He muttered, sitting on the floor against the wall with a sigh. You sat down beside him and wrapped your blanket around the two of you silently. "Oh, thanks." He said quietly, "Uh, here" as he shuffled around. The male adjusted his blanket so both of you were under both of the blankets. You took out your phone from your sweatpants pocket and opened notepad.

What was your dream about?

  "Catherine. She was, uh, still alive... and she killed you." Emil said quietly. You gasped quietly as the male sniffled. "I couldn't do anything and she killed me right before I woke up." He said, and in the dim light you could see his eyes watering. The male rubbed his eyes and tried to hide his sadness. "So, uh, yeah..."

  Silently, you hugged Emil to you. He sniffed and put his head on your shoulder as you rubbed his back soothingly. "Thanks." He said quietly as you kissed the top of his head.