Chapter 43

You were awoken by your phone buzzing against your face. The sound was enough to make you slap a hand over the device and sit up.

 "Hullo." You mumbled, your voice slurred with sleep. "(y/n)? Good morning." Emil's voice said. "Oh, hey. What's up?" You replied, now more awake. "Seriously, when are you going to be back from wherever you went? It's boring over here." He pouted. You sighed loudly. "Okay, fine. I'll tell you where you are, but you have to promise to be chill, okay?"

 "Fine." Emil said. "I'm in the hospital. Chill, i'm fine, but like my appendix burst and then they said I don't eat enough or something so I don't know when i'll be out." You explained. Emil inhaled deeply. "Can I visit, or is it just family or something?" He asked. "Nah, they'll let you come in," You replied, "If not i'll say you're my cousin or something."

  Arthur smiled at your remark from his chair. "I'm gonna come over later today then probably. I'm guessing you're at (hospital-y name)?" Emil said with slight excitement. "Yeah." You smiled. "Nice. I gotta go." Emil said sadly. "Ah. It's cool. bye." You said before hanging up. "Good morning." Arthur said gently. He was still worried about you since yesterday. "Hi." You smiled, "Is it okay if Emil visits today?" 

  "Sure." Arthur grinned, "I haven't met him yet."

  "What does that mean?" You smirked. "Oh, Alfred's told me things." Your dad laughed as he wiggled his eyebrows. "Nice." You snorted. "I'm just teasing." Arthur said, "But he does seem like a nice boy."

  "He's chill." You yawned. 

~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Lukas?" Emil said as he wandered down the hallway into the living room. "What?" his brother asked from his seat on the couch. "Could you take me to the hospital sometime today?" the silver haired boy asked casually. Lukas jumped up from the couch and ran over to his younger brother, putting a hand on his forehead. "Why? What's wrong??" He asked frantically. Emil pushed his hand away and folded his arms. "My friend is there. Her appendix burst and I wanna visit her."

  "Oh. Wait, it's a her?" Lukas said, regaining his composure. "Yes. (y/n)." Emil said irritably. "Ah. Sure, we can go visit your girlfriend whenever." The eldest of the brothers said as he returned to the couch.

"Shut your face hole."

~~~~~ time skip brought to you by Big Ben ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)~~~~~~

   Emil stared out the window at the buildings passing by. "I'll be back in a few hours. We need groceries." Lukas said as they pulled into the hospital parking lot. "Thanks." Emil said. He climbed out  of his brother's small car and grabbed his backpack he carried everywhere. His brother sped off as he walked through the big glass doors of the hospital. "Can I help you?" A friendly receptionist smiled at him. "Uh... I'm trying to find room 107..." Emil stammered out. The receptionist typed something into a computer. "3rd floor, sir." She looked back to him. "T-Thanks." he said as he scurried to the elevator and pushed the button for the correct floor.

   He had to wander around for a bit until he found room 107. After checking his phone three thousand times to make sure it was the correct one, he quietly knocked on the door. An unfamiliar blonde man opened the door soon after. "H-Hello, sir..." Emil stuttered as the man gazed down at him. "Oh, that's Emil, Dad." Your voice came from within the room. The blonde smiled down at Emil at his daughter's remark. "Ah. I'm (y/n)'s Dad." He said, extending a hand. Emil gently shook it, still looking nervous. "Steven Universe is on." You said happily as your dad stepped aside to let the teenage male inside.

   "Oh, cool." Emil said as he quickly walked in. You scooted over to the edge of the bed you were sitting on and patted the spot next to you. He set down his backpack on an empty chair and climbed next to you as the opening theme played. Arthur returned to his chair to watch the show with you.

~~~~~~~~~~

Arthur: So Emil came to visit

in the message was a photo Arthur snuck of the two of you sitting side by side on the bed, laughing at the TV.

Alfred: AHHHHHHHH

Matthew: So that's who Emil is! (y/n) was talking about him the other day.

Alfred: HOW IS IT LEGAL TO BE THAT ADORABLE

Arthur: They are both thoroughly enjoying Steven Universe right now.

Alfred: SEE I TOLD YOU THEY ARE MEANT TO BE

Matthew: I have to agree with Al, Arthur.

Arthur: Oh god, now there's two of you. 

I'm so so so sorry this chapter's so short, but writer's block is setting in and this is all i could get out today. Still, the readerxiceland fandom is growing! *wink wonk* Maybe a the next chapter will be up today, maybe not. Idk because my family is dragging me to see that Martian movie. Also, i want to give this book a decent title. Any suggestions are appreciated! You know i love you guys, and don't forget to comment and vote! Asta la Pasta~