Chapter 59

You and Emil sat on your bed, the latter on his phone while you played Minecraft on your laptop. "Why do you always play in creative?" He asked, looking over your shoulder to watch you build a house. "Because it's fun. I have a large pack of wolves that I tamed to kill things." You said, clicking on a pig to make a mob of wolves chase the creature. Emil put his chin on your shoulder and sighed as he said, "Cool..."

"Hey, that show you like is on, (y/n)." Arthur said, poking his head in. Emil abruptly lifted his head and scooted a few inches away from you."Which one though?" You asked. "Space rocks." He answered. Your face fell and you looked back down to Sebastian. "That show is eh." You muttered, making Arthur narrow his eyes in concern. "You okay?" Emil asked quietly, and you nodded. "Okay, then..." Your dad said, leaving the doorway.

"What's wrong with Steven Universe?" Emil asked gently. "Erika loved Steven Universe." You said quietly. The male scooted over and hugged you. "Its okay," He mumbled. You said nothing, but leaned into the hug slightly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   You and Emil had traded places after an hour or so, with you on your phone and him discovering the wonders of Goat Simulator on your laptop. As Emil laughed when his goat was launched into the air by a car, you sat up and gazed at your phone with wide eyes. "What?" The male asked as you breathed heavily. "C-Catherine." You muttered. "Don't answer it if you don't want to." Emil said. Your scared expression turned into a glare as you tapped the "answer" button and stood up from the bed.

  "Hello?" You asked. "Oh god, (y/n). You're okay." Catherine's bitterly sweet voice came from the phone. You turned to Emil and smirked as you wandered out of the room. Arthur was sitting on the couch and looked up at you as you wandered down the stairs. "I miss you so much." Catherine said. Arthur mouthed "Who is it?", and you mouthed "Catherine" back with an evil grin before saying, "Oh, you miss me? I love how i'm conventionally told this when I could possibly be dead. It's not like you had any other opportunities to contact me."

  "You should be glad i'm talking to you now. Aren't you grateful someone cares about you?" Catherine hissed. "Eh, not really. There's plenty of people that give half a shit about me, so you're not really a special snowflake anymore." You retorted, sitting on the stairs with an amused expression. Arthur raised his eyebrows at your sass but said nothing. "I could say the same about you, hun. It's not like you're gonna do great things in life." Your once legal guardian stated. You snorted. "Did you only call me to remind me that i'm worthless? Because I kind of already know that."

  "Oh, no. You're not worthless. Need I remind you that you're, what was it, broken as well?" Catherine sneered. "Oh, yes. How could I forget i'm broken?" You put your chin in your hand and rolled your eyes at Arthur. Emil appeared at the top of the stairs, walking down them silently and taking a seat beside you. "How is anyone going to want you after you've made this absurd choice?" She asked, mocking worry. "You think I chose this?" You said, anger rising as you abruptly stood up from the stairs in rage, "You think I chose what happened to me?"

  "Yes, honestly. You did provoke him." Catherine spat. "I WAS 6 YEARS OLD, CATHERINE." You yelled, "6 GODDAMN YEARS OLD. YOU THINK I WANTED TO BE FUCKING MOLESTED BY A 40 YEAR OLD MAN?"

  Arthur jerked, nearly falling off the couch at what you said. Emil's eyes widened and he stood up suddenly, walking over to you and putting a hand on your shoulder. You shook with rage and sadness as you continued, "LISTEN HEAR, SLUTFISH. IF YOU THINK FOR ONE SECOND THAT I WANTED ANY OF THIS TO HAPPEN, THAT I WANTED TO BE FUCKING BROKEN AND FUCKING WORTHLESS..." You ranted, shaking off Emil's hand and walking in a circle, "I had to watch my best friend fucking die, you whore. If you think I don't wish it was me who had been shot instead then you're slower than I ever thought you could be." You said, voice cracking as some buried memories emerged. "Honestly, you should have." Catherine said, "I'm morally obligated to keep an eye on you. Do you know how hard that is? I do so much for you, and this is what I get."

  "What the HELL HAVE YOU EVER DONE FOR ME?" You screamed. Arthur got up from the couch and raced over, gently touching your arm. "ALL YOU'VE DONE IS MAKE MY LIFE WORSE, YOU CLITLIPS. YOU AND YOUR EX FUCKING BOYFRIEND ARE THE REASON I CAN'T EVER BE A NORMAL GODDAMN PERSON. I KNOW THE ONLY REASON YOU BROKE UP WITH HIM IS SO YOU WOULDN'T GET ARRESTED FOR BEING ASSOCIATED WITH A PEDOPHILE." 

  Emil rushed over and wrapped his arms around your torso, causing Arthur to have to move out of the way. You were shaking like a leaf, tears in your eyes despite your voice no longer wavering. "I hate you... I FUCKING HATE YOU." You continued to yell. "(y/n), calm the fuck do-" Catherine began, only to be cut off by you. "NO. YOU CALM THE FUCK DOWN, CATHERINE. DO NOT CALL ME AGAIN. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? I WANT YOU THE FUCK OUT OF MY LIFE." You exclaimed as you hung up the phone. The room was suffocatingly silent.

  "(y/n)... What did she mean by broken?" Arthur whispered. You closed your eyes and sighed before putting on a smile and turning to him. "Nothing to be concerned about. Sorry for yelling." You said cheerily. "I think this is something to be concerned about..." Emil said quietly, "You said something about a forty-"

  "I wasn't ready to discuss it." You said as the grin began to fade. "(y/n)..." Emil began. "You know what? You probably should now, so you can leave before the relationship goes any further." You said suddenly, worming out of his embrace with a sigh.

 "What are you talking about?" Arthur asked. "Due to childhood trauma, I... am asexual. Surprise!" You said, raising your arms in mock enthusiasm. 

  Hey guys! I love you all, and don't forget to comment and vote! Asta la Pasta~