Chapter 107

Emil: Did you eat dinner, princess?

You: Yeah, dad made pancakes and they were kinda burnt but also really good

Emil: Good!!

Emil: I'm going to sleep now, so goodnight!

You: gn babe

Emil: I looooooooooove you!

You: I love you too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "I'm so pumped for winter break to start next week." Emil sighed happily as you walked down the street hand in hand. "Me too." You smiled. "What do you want for Christmas? I want one of those really long pillows." The male asked, looking to you curiously. Your eyes widened slightly and you looked ahead to the end of the street. "I haven't thought about it." You muttered, "My mom never really did the Christmas thing."

  "What? How?" Emil snorted. "Once my father left and she got really bad, we just kind of stopped doing it and I was too scared to ask why. I haven't had a Christmas since I was really little..." You replied, "I don't want Dad to get anything, though. He's spent enough money on hospital bills and stuff and there's nothing I really need."

  "That's so sad, though! You deserve a thousand Christmases." Emil exclaimed, squeezing your hand. You sighed and avoided his gaze. "I couple of years ago, I decided to try and do a Christmas, so I sewed me and my mom stockings and put them on the staircase and everything. I got her a glass model of something, I forgot what it was, but when I gave it to her when she was happy. Like really happy for the first time in a long time. She put it on the kitchen windowsill next to her potted plants, and... and..."

    Emil looked to you with concern as you trailed off. You were looking at the ground, your hair hiding your face as your grip on his hand relaxed significantly. "Hey." He mumbled as he stopped walking to reach over and tuck your hair behind your ear. You didn't say anything. "C'mon." He said with a halfhearted smile, keeping your hand in his as he led you around the corner to the alley where you always stayed after school. Once you were safely out of sight, the male sat down on the paved ground and leaned his back on the wall, patting the space beside him. You sat down and looked to the opposite wall with a far away look in your eyes. "That was the last time I remember her being really happy with just the two of us." You sighed. 

   "Princess..." Emil said sadly, reaching out to hug you to him with both arms. He kissed your cheek gently, making you blush involuntarily as you closed your eyes tightly. "It's okay to cry, babe. Don't force yourself not to." He said. "No." You replied firmly with your eyes still shut. Emil took this opportunity to kiss your cheek more, slowly pulling you closer to him as he moves his hand down your arm. When he reached your own hand, he stopped kissing you and glanced to it. You were digging your nails into the top of your thumb. "Babe, what are you-" He began as he pried your fingers apart. Red nail marks dug deep into your hand. "Babe!" (I do this when I need to keep from crying rip)

  You sniffled as he held your hand to his mouth and kissed the marks softly. "Don't hurt yourself." He stated, looking to you seriously. "I'm fine." You said, trying to fight the tears in your eyes that no longer had the pain in your hand to stop them. "Hey, hey..." He cooed, letting go of your hand to reach his arm under your legs. To your surprise he scooped your up and set you in his lap, your knees together and hanging off the side of his lap. "Em-" You began, but you were silenced by his lips on yours. He broke away a moment later and looked at your watery eyes sadly. "Stop fighting it, (y/n)." He mumbled, "It's not gonna help."