Chapter 32

"Yo, Iggyface! You're back!" Alfred grinned, strutting up to Arthur's desk. The Brit looked up from his paperwork and frowned. "Don't call me that. And yes, My fever's gone so (y/n) finally let me come back." He said. "Nice. Oh, how is she by the way?" Alfred asked, his grin still not fading. Arthur gave a small smile at the mention of his daughter. "She's good. You should have seen her when I was sick. She buried me under a bunch of blankets and made soup and insisted I take all these different medicines..." He said, chuckling to himself. Alfred's eyes narrowed. "Aren't you worried she's gonna get sick too? If she was fussing over you like that, she probably will..."

 "You're right..." Arthur said, his eyes widening a little, "She wasn't awake when I left for work, which isn't like her. I'm going to text her." He said, taking out his phone. "I gotta get back to work. See ya." Al said as he wandered off. Arthur opened his messages and selected his conversation with (y/n).

"Hey, you were asleep when i left for work. Are you okay?" He said. You replied soon after

You: Life is a void

Arthur: Did you get sick??

(y/n): Yeah. It's all good though

Arthur: Are you sure?

(y/n): Yes. I'll be fine, don't worry about me

Arthur:  Let me know if I need to come home, okay?

(y/n): Alrighty

 Arthur sighed and put his phone away. You only said "Alrighty" when you had zero intentions of doing what was requested. He ran a hand through his hair and began his work again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 You ran to the bathroom again, dry heaving for fifth time today. Life sucked. Arthur was still at work and you lost track of what time it was. You mentally cursed yourself for being careless and getting your dad's sickness. He didn't need to worry about you. You didn't deserve to be worried about.

  No. Shut up. God, you were so dramatic when you weren't on your medicine. You hadn't taken it today because you didn't think it would stay down with how sick you were. "Goddamnit." You muttered to yourself as you staggered back to your bed. Flopping down on the comforter, you reached for your phone and unlocked it. You sighed when you realized Arthur would be home any second as text from Emil popped up. Opening it, you found it was a pepe meme. He loved those a little too much. "ha" You responded half-heartedly.

  You rolled over onto your back and layed your head on the pillow. Arthur's car door could be heard shutting from outside, but you had no energy left. You lied there with your eyes open in silence. The front doorknob jiggled as Arthur turned the key in the door. "(y/n)?" You could hear from downstairs, "Are you upstairs?"

 His feet thumped up the stairs and he appeared in your doorway.