Chapter 16

Back when Jin City was besieged by monsters, Lin Zifeng led some soldiers to lure the monsters away.

The city lord of Jin City actually ran away with his family. If not for the young man in front of him, Jin City would have been slaughtered by the monsters.

“Guard.”

The man softly spat out a word.

“Guard?”

Xu Ding’s expression changed. Jin City was so big. If those monsters kept attacking, his soldiers would not be able to withstand it.

There were also many soldiers with injuries on their bodies. There were not many soldiers in Jin City to begin with, so how long could they defend?

There were only 1,500 soldiers in Jin City. Back then, Lin Zifeng had left Jin City with 300 soldiers. At this moment, there were less than 1,000 soldiers left in the city.

“Sir, if those monsters continue to attack Jin City, the soldiers in the city won’t be able to defend at all.”

Xu Ding revealed a helpless expression.

Those monsters were all quite strong and had poisonous tails. Many soldiers died from the poison.

A monster required at least three to five soldiers to resist.

“Just say that the monsters are rampant. The City Lord has already run away. The surrounding cities have all been slaughtered by the monsters. Those who want to survive, pick up your weapons and fight to the death with the monsters.”

The man’s eyes flickered. This was the only way.

In a life-or-death situation, the people in the city would definitely not wait for death. Even if they escaped Jin City, who knew how many monsters there were outside the city?

“This?”

When Xu Ding heard his words, he hesitated. Once this news was released, the people in the city only had two choices.

One was to run, and the other was to fight the monster to the death.

If Jin City was in chaos, the entire city might instantly become a purgatory on earth!

All the commoners would become food for the monsters.

“Go ahead, trust me.”

The man’s tone was firm. Although he did not know why so many monsters appeared in this world, he could only bet that the people in the gambling city still had courage.

When Xu Ding heard the man’s words, he knew that this was the only way.

Then, Xu Ding left the City Lord’s Mansion and announced this news.

When the citizens in the city heard that the City Lord Manor had posted a notice, they gathered one after another. When they saw the content of the notice, their hearts were filled with despair.

“It’s over. The surrounding cities have been slaughtered by those monsters. It’s over for us here.”

“That’s right. Those monsters are too terrifying. Not a single one of the surrounding cities was spared. They’re simply devils.”

“I ran out of the Wang Family Village. I didn’t expect Jin City to fall.”

Beside the notice, Xu Ding could not help but shake his head when he heard what the crowd said. It was indeed not much different from what he had thought.