Chapter 146: The General

Mei Changge arrived at the scene and nodded approvingly as he saw Xu Ding and the other two had recruited the soldiers.

“My lord!”

Xu Ding immediately noticed Mei Changge and jumped down from the Nine Howling Wolf with a respectful expression.

Mei Changge emerged from the Green Cloud Palace in the sky. His aura was unhidden, so he caught Xu Ding’s attention.

Song Yubai and Lin Zifeng said to Mei Changge at the same time.

“Alright. Get up now.”

Mei Changge slowly descended from the sky. He knew that the three of them planned to establish his image, so he did not stop them.

“Is the recruitment over?”

Mei Changge looked behind the three of them. Everyone looked at him excitedly, their eyes filled with reverence.

The lord descended from the sky to the mortal realm, resembling an immortal.

“My lord, the recruitment has been completed. We’re waiting to enter the soldier pools to receive the baptism!”

Xu Ding addressed Mei Changge with a solemn expression. At that moment, he stood as the strongest among the three, assuming an implicit leadership role.

“Alright, let’s go to the soldier pools!”

Mei Changge nodded gently and waved his hand.

In an instant, everyone disappeared from outside Green Cloud City, including Xu Ding, Song Yubai, and Lin Zifeng.

Outside the valley of the soldier pools, a large number of people appeared.

“Xu Ding, we must have a total of 10,000 Nine Howling Wolf Cavalry today.”

When they arrived outside the valley, Mei Changge said to Xu Ding.

“Yes, my lord!”

Upon hearing this, Xu Ding’s eves briqhtened. The increase from 3,000 to 10,000 greatly pleased him.

“Zifeng, is Li Xin here?”

Mei Changge looked at Lin Zifeng and asked.

“Li Xin!”

Lin Zifeng immediately shouted at the crowd. Soon after, Li Xin ran out.

“Greetings, my lord! General!”

Li Xin had a puzzled expression. He did not know why he was called out.

“Today, we will command a total of 20,000 Mystic Yang soldiers. Li Xin, are you willing to take on the role of a general?”

Mei Changge had a smile as he looked at the puzzled Li Xin.

In the past, Li Xin had followed Xu Chu and unearthed the treasure left behind by the Forest race—the Giant War Trees. Furthermore, his current strength was considerable.

“Yes, my lord! It would be my honor!”

Li Xin shouted with an excited expression.

He did not expect himself to become a general so quickly. It was unbelievable.

“Okay.”

Mei Changge nodded in satisfaction and looked at Song Yubai.

“Yubai, has Zhang Xiang advanced to the Innate realm?”

“My lord, Zhang Xiang is currently at Postnatal Level 7. In less than half a month, he will definitely be able to advance to the Innate realm.”

Song Yubai said with a serious expression.