Chapter 155: Ghoul-Gui Quan

“No hurry. Let’s observe first.”

Mei Changge shook his head slightly. The current situation in Xiangyang City didn’t call for their intervention at this time.

Besides, Yue Fei and Guo Jing had guaranteed that they could defend Xiangyang City, so he wouldn’t take action now.

Mei Changge wanted to recruit them, but Yue Fei and Guo Jing had yet to realize what they were facing.

“My lord, do you want the two of them to be in danger before attacking?” Xu Chu asked curiously.

In fact, he also understood Mei Changge’s thoughts. The Great Song only existed in name and there were many people secretly accumulating strength inside, preparing to seize the highest position.

In Xu Chu’s eyes, those people were like frogs in a well, unable to see how big the world outside the well was.

Even though this level-two stargate was evidently of a higher level than the world Xu Chu had once inhabited and had a sizable population, the inhabitants of this world had not yet witnessed the impending rupture in the sky.

Xu Chu understood this.

“If there’s no danger, why would they need us?”

Mei Changge had a smile on his face. He estimated that Yue Fei and Guo Jing would come looking for him in less than a day.

Although the Ghouls outside Xiangyang City had somehow gotten involved with the Jin people, it was no longer something that the Yue army and a group of martial artists could deal with.

The two of them chatted as they walked toward the city wall of Xiangyang City.

When Mei Changge saw a group of soldiers in black armor with solemn expressions, he nodded slightly with a satisfied expression.

These black-armored soldiers were from the Yue army, but Yue Fei was not there.

“Let’s head up the city wall and take a look.”

Mei Changge said to Xu Chu with interest on his face.

The Yue army had assembled, making it evident that they intended to engage the Jin forces and the foreign races besieging the city.

“Yes, my lord.”

Xu Chu nodded. The two of them jumped onto the city wall. As for the Snow Wolf, it followed behind the two of them.

“That’s the mysterious Grandmaster?”

“Two men and a dog?”

In Xiangyang City, some martial artists were excited to see Mei Changge and Xu Chu, who had jumped onto the city wall.

They knew that Guo Jing and Yue Fei were Grandmasters in Xiangyang City, but now there was a new one, Xu Chu.

As for Mei Changge, they ignored him. After all, Mei Changge had already restrained his aura as if he were an ordinary person.

These martial artists even thought that Mei Changge was the young master of some family.

Furthermore, Mei Changge and the Snow Wolf gave the impression that they had soared to the city wall with the assistance of Xu Chu.

“Brothers, aren’t you armed?”

The martial artists on the city wall asked curiously when they saw Mei Changge and Xu Chu coming empty-handed.

“We’re not going to attack. Why do we need weapons?”

Xu Chu remarked. Then, he and Mei Changge directed their attention to a point not far from Xiangyang City.