Chapter 139: The Four Departments

“That kid was born to walk the path of Destiny. In any case, he will walk it sooner or later.”

Wan Chuan subtly shook his head, suggesting that whether he joined this chess game or not, Mei Changge’s journey on the path of Destiny would continue unabated.

However, he did not know how far he could go.

“While the Hundred Palace Alliance is called an alliance, each academy supports one or even a few lords.”

Lin Lei said in a serious tone. Although the Hundred Palace Alliance looked powerful, in reality, the Palace Masters of every academy had their own thoughts.

“Elder Lin, are you suggesting that the major academies have already started to compete?”

When Wan Chuan heard this, his eyes lit up.

“Yes.”

Lin Lei nodded. For example, in the Blue Star Academy, other than a new Transcendent like Mei Changge, there were also Transcendents building territories in No Man’s Land.

However, it was different from Mei Changge.

“If Mei Changge’s territory was situated in the novice area, the territories of the other Transcendents were in the intermediate or even advanced regions.”

“Never mind. I don’t want to get involved in these matters. I’d rather go find those three kids.”

Wan Chuan shook his head. Then, he took the paper Lin Lei had given him and left the pavilion.

“Ultimately, there must be a choice!”

As Lin Lei watched Wan Chuan leave, his gaze grew contemplative. He sighed softly and spoke in hushed tones.

Mei Changge, who was cultivating in Green Cloud City, did not know that he was about to step into a huge chessboard. At that moment, he had just stopped cultivating.

Guo Jia had brought some people to the Green Cloud Palace.

“Mr. Guo, welcome back! This way, please!”

Outside the Green Cloud Palace, a maid led Guo Jia and the others into the hall.

Guo Jia looked at the maid beside him curiously.

He suddenly realized that the demeanor of the maids he had chosen had undergone a significant transformation. Despite still wearing maid attire, he would easily mistake them for young ladies from prestigious families if they were to venture out on their own.

“My lord, Mr. Guo is here.”

“Good.”

Soon, Mei Changge saw Guo Jia walk in with some people under the lead of a maid.

“My lord!”

Guo Jia smiled and cupped his hands at Mei Changge.

“Greetings, my lord!”

The people behind Guo Jia greeted Mei Changge respectfully.

“Don’t need to stand on ceremony.”

Mei Changge stretched out his palm and raised it slightly. Everyone felt a gentle force help them up.

“My lord, we’ve almost finished setting up the five departments. Regarding the naming and appointing of leaders, we’ll need your guidance and confirmation.”

Guo Jia wore a smile on his face. Then, he shifted slightly, allowing the people behind him to step forward and speak.

“My lord, this is Zhao Decai, the supervisor of the Creation Camp. He’s not only responsible for making the Spiritual Energy Cannon, but he’s also led the development of the Green Brick, White Jade Lotus Wine, and more.”