Chapter 129: Forest Race's Treasure Vault

Xu Ding’s saber glowed faintly with a cold blue light as he moved toward the ice statues, its blade sharp and menacing.

Crack!

In an instant, Xu Ding sliced one of the ice statues in half. However, he frowned as it appeared that the saber had only struck the ice and not the foreign race inside.

Xu Ding quickly realized that there were no foreign races within the ice statues. Instead, there was only a green leaf, and a distinct knife mark marred its surface.

Xu Ding looked at the other two identical ice statues. Xu Ding raised his saber and stepped forward.

With swift precision, Xu Ding destroyed both of them, and one of them bore an expression that mimicked the foreign race’s desperate attempt to escape.

“If not for the array, you would have escaped.”

Xu Ding looked at the other green leaf. There was still a saber mark on it, and under his feet was the corpse of the foreign race.

“What about the other one?”

Xu Ding frowned and looked at the array formed by the Nine Howling Wolf Cavalry. At that moment, there was nothing in the array. The other Transcendent had also disappeared without a trace.

A smile appeared on Mei Changge’s face. Then, he pointed at Xu Ding’s feet.

“At your feet!”

Initially, Xu Ding had intended to launch an attack, but now it was evident that the foreign races were solely focused on escaping. However, they were ensnared within the confines of the Howling Moon Array, making their exit far from straightforward.

Unless these foreign races were very strong, such as the Mandrill race who had left, they could only be trapped in the array formation.

“At my feet?”

Upon hearing Mei Changge’s words, Xu Ding directed his gaze downward and discerned the presence of some distinct weeds amid the surrounding vegetation.

“Come out!”

Xu Ding’s eyes narrowed and slashed the long saber in his hand.

A green light lit up from the weeds and the Transcendent of the foreign race appeared in front of Xu Ding again.

“I know where the Forest race’s treasure vault is!”

The Transcendent yelled when he appeared, afraid that Xu Ding’s saber would fall on him.

“Wait a minute, Xu Ding.”

Mei Changge’s eyes lit up. He said to Xu Ding and walked toward the Howling Moon Array.

Seeing Mei Changge coming over, Xu Ding controlled the array and revealed an opening, allowing Mei Changge to walk into it.

“If you tell me about the Forest race’s treasure vault, perhaps I can spare your life.”

Mei Changge looked at the Transcendent with a smile as if he was benevolent.

“Will you really spare my life if I tell you?”

The Transcendent asked Mei Changge.

While the Forest race possessed many valuable possessions, the most precious treasures were safeguarded by Shan. He was entrusted with the responsibility of protecting the treasure vault.

The Transcendent sought to acquire an opportunity for survival.

“Of course. As the lord of my territory, I give you my word.”