Chapter 154: The Raid

Guo Jing and Yue Fei looked at each other. They did not know if Mei Changge was telling the truth.

But on second thought, there was no need for Mei Changge to lie to them.

“What my lord said is true. It’s only a matter of time before the stargate shatters. I also came from a world that was about to shatter.”

When Xu Chu saw the disbelief on their faces, he could not help but speak again.

When Yue Fei and Guo Jing heard Xu Chu’s words, they could not help but look at Xu Chu.

Looking at the burly Xu Chu, the two of them fell into deep thought.

“That’s right, why would he lie to us? The foreign races have already appeared. It wouldn’t be impossible for the world to shatter, would it?”

Yue Fei could not help but think. This made him trust Mei Changge’s words even more.

“The foreign races are advancing regardless, and with your current strength, you won’t be able to hold them back for long. General Yue Fei, how about you relinquish your position, and I’ll assist in defending Xiangyang City?”

Xu Chu spoke again. His tone was sharp as if he looked down on Yue Fei.

Mei Changge did not stop Xu Chu because he knew that Xu Chu was provoking Yue Fei.

He also wanted Yue Fei and Guo Jing to see his true strength.

“Brother Yue.”

Guo Jing’s face was grave. He turned to Yue Fei again as if to confirm something.

Yue Fei could not help but shake his head when Guo Jing called out to him.

“We are grateful for your offer, but Xiangyang City belongs to the Great Song. I, Yue Fei, will never surrender it to the foreign races!”

Yue Fei’s tone was serious. It looked like he was making a promise to Mei Changge, but he was actually making a promise to himself.

He had learned from Guo Jing that the foreign race known as the Ghoul race was formidable. But in his view, the Yue army was not lacking in strength either.

Besides, when he arrived, the Yue army had already gathered and was heading for Xiangyang City.

“I understand General Yue’s feelings. The two of us won’t attack casually.”

Seeing that Yue Fei refused, Mei Changge smiled. He knew that Yue Fei definitely wouldn’t hand over the defense of Xiangyang City to someone he had only known for less than half a day.

Furthermore, despite the absence of the Great Song’s royal family, Yue Fei still regarded himself as a representative of the Great Song.

Guo Jing felt the same way.

“Nonetheless, do not underestimate the power of the foreign races. Additionally, if I am not mistaken, neither of you possesses Transcendent divine arts, correct?”

“Even though you are a Transcendent, you do not possess any Transcendent divine arts. It’s more like pseudo-Transcendence.”

Mei Changge sensed their realms and instantly understood their true strength.

Moreover, there were no signs of Transcendent divine arts on the two of them as if their realms had been forcefully upgraded.

“Transcendent divine arts?”

Yue Fei and Guo Jing were stunned by Mei Changge’s words.

The two of them had just learned from Mei Changge that the Transcendent realm was the same as the Grandmaster realm, but what were the Transcendent divine arts? The two of them were puzzled for a moment.