Chapter 135: Nine Yang Forge

To avert any suspicions, this was also why Xu Changqing had been hesitant about assuming the role.

Nevertheless, in the future, with an increased population, Xu Changqing wouldn’t need to take such precautions.

Mei Changge had contemplated establishing an educational institution within the city. However, establishing such an institution required skilled individuals, which was why Mei Changge had refrained from creating an educational department.

In the end, Mei Changge decided to build the five departments first.

For instance, tasks like organizing the city’s defense forces and managing the Ministry of Justice needed to be accomplished in a methodical manner.

“My lord!”

At that moment, Lin Zifeng brought the Mystic Yang soldiers to Mei Changge and said respectfully.

“You’re back!”

Mei Changge smiled and nodded.

Through Xu Changqing, Mei Changge also learned that this time, Lin Zifeng had brought more than 20,000 people back through the stargate. When combined with the population Mei Changge had rescued from the Forest race, they had over 50,000 people in total.

Once these individuals integrated into the territory, Mei Changge would amass a minimum of 50,000 destiny points. This calculation didn’t account for the subsequent growth in destiny points either.

“My lord, we obtain this item from the stargate.”

Lin Zifeng took out a spatial bag from his waist and handed it to Mei Changge.

This time, when they entered the level-one stargate, they did not encounter any foreign races. Instead, they were all humans.

They had also acquired four to five treasures, constituting a fruitful harvest.

“Well done. Leave these people to Elder Xu. Also, look for Feng Xiao later about the salary of the soldiers.”

“Your salary is in Feng Xiao’s hands too.”

“I will open a door of light that connects to Green Lotus City in Green Cloud City. You can head to Green Lotus City through the door of light.”

After Mei Changge concluded his remarks, a door of light materialized in Green Cloud City’s square with a mere thought.

It happened to connect to Green Lotus City in the outside world.

“Yes, my lord.”

Lin Zifeng cupped his hands and replied. Then, he left with the Mystic Yang soldiers.

“Elder Xu, this is your salary. After you tally the population, go to Green Lotus City to look for Feng Xiao.”

“Yes, my lord.”

Xu Changqing looked at the spatial bag Mei Changge threw at him and replied with a smile. Then, Mei Changge vanished.

With Mei Changge’s departure, Xu Changqing commenced the task of tallying the remaining individuals, including those who had returned with Lin Zifeng.

These individuals would be temporarily accommodated in Green Cloud City and await further arrangements.

As for Mei Changge, he returned to the Green Cloud Palace.

“Yes, my lord!”

In the Green Cloud Palace, when the maids saw Mei Changge, their exquisite faces revealed joy. They bowed to him.

Mei Changge was also stunned. He had almost forgotten that Guo Jia had arranged for maids in the Green Cloud Palace.

Subsequently, he gestured to the maids to disperse.