Chapter 17

Mei Changge shook his head. “No.”

Although he could directly bring all the citizens of Jin City into the Blessed Land, there were too many people. Mei Changge still planned to get to know the people in charge of Jin City.

After climbing up the city wall, he roughly looked around the city and found that there was no obvious chaos.

Other than the soldiers, there were no signs of chaos in the entire city. He could not help but feel curious.

To be able to manage a city under the siege of monsters without any signs of chaos meant that this person was a genius.

And he needed this kind of talent.

Most importantly, the stargates were about to shatter, and he did not know what would happen to the humans in this world.

Now that there was a talent in Jin City, why not try to subdue him and manage the Blessed Land in the future?

“Okay, I’ll let them know.”

Then, the middle-aged man waved his hand and called someone over. He also gave a few instructions.

After a while, the soldier returned with the news.

“Sir, General Xu has invited this gentleman over.”

“Take Mr. Mei with you. I need to guard here.”

The middle-aged man said to the soldier and then apologized to Mei Changge.

Due to his duty, he could not personally bring Mei Changge to meet Xu Ding.

“Don’t worry, everyone in Jin City will be fine.”

Mei Changge looked at the middle-aged man who was guarding his position and smiled. Then, he followed the soldiers into the city.

“I hope so.”

Looking at Mei Changge’s departing figure, the middle-aged man said softly. It was unknown if he was saying this for himself or for the people around him.

At this moment, Xu Ding sat in the seat of honor in the City Lord’s Mansion, while the young man sat below.

“Mr. Guo, there’s a person outside the city who claims to be from beyond the heavens. He said that he has a way to save the entire city. Do you believe him?”

Xu Ding asked the man curiously.

“Nothing is certain. Monsters have appeared. Maybe immortals exist as well.”

Guo Jia had an indifferent expression on his face. Perhaps this person who claimed to be from beyond the heavens was a charlatan like the people of the Peace Sect he had seen before.

“Mr. Guo, I’m just a boor. How would I know how to be a manager?”

Xu Ding looked at Guo Jia drinking wine with a satisfied look and could not help but feel a little helpless. He knew his own ability. Not to mention the City Lord, even his head was spinning from reading.

“If the person can’t tell, I’m the manager here. You can just chase him away.”

Guo Jia had an indifferent expression on his face. In any case, there was nothing he could do about Jin City now.

Moreover, he claimed to be someone from beyond the heavens. He hoped that he was not a fraud.

Guo Jia had even vaguely guessed that those monsters should be related to the Outer World.

Of course, Guo Jia was only guessing at this moment.

After a while, Mei Changge arrived at the City Lord’s Mansion under the lead of a soldier.