Chapter 172: Under House Arrest

“What did Feng Xiao tell you?”

Mei Changge looked at Xu Chu and asked expressionlessly.

With Xu Chu’s personality, he probably wouldn’t pay attention to such things. There was only one possibility.

Guo Jia must have said something to Xu Chu. Otherwise, such a sentence would not have appeared on the scroll.

Song Yubai, standing nearby, wore a curious expression. He was unaware of the matter involving Guo Jia.

“My lord, it was Mr. Guo who said it, but I think Mr. Guo is right!”

Xu Chu chuckled and expressed his agreement.

“I’ll deal with Guo Jia later.”

Mei Changge displayed a sense of resignation. He had assumed that after Guo Jia had selected 36 maids for him, such thoughts would no longer cross Guo Jia’s mind. He hadn’t anticipated that Guo Jia would instruct Xu Chu to keep an eye on attractive women.

The scroll was not about anything else. Instead, it was about Old Heretic Huang having a daughter and other beautiful women.

Mei Changge suspected that if the Golden Crow Guards were given some time, they would probably even create a ranking.

However, he did not expect Old Heretic Huang’s daughter, Huang Rong, to also exist. She did not interact with Guo Jing and there was a huge age gap.

Mei Changge did not have any thoughts about this. His main goal now was to develop his territory. As for women, they were not his concern at all.

“Yubai, you said there are three big families and a general of the Great Song in Lin’an City. Is that general Han Shizhong?”

Mei Changge stopped looking at the records of women on the scroll. Instead, he looked at Song Yubai.

“That’s right. However, the Han army is considered the garrisons of Lin’an City and doesn’t participate in other matters within the city.”

Song Yubai nodded.

While they conversed, even though their voices weren’t soft, the restaurant was a hub of intricate information. They couldn’t rule out the possibility of someone eavesdropping, so Mei Changge had already employed his spiritual energy to create a barrier of privacy around them.

“Have you heard? The Wang family is going to display the dragon-shaped white jade!”

“I’ve heard that the dragon-shaped white jade seeks its rightful owner and bestows its acknowledgment. The one it recognizes will become the new emperor!”

At that moment, in the restaurant, some martial artists were chatting with interest on their faces. They did not seem to care who would be the new emperor.

After all, they were martial artists. The new emperor could not control them.

“It’s rumored that the Wang family possesses numerous valuable items, including some that grant immortality. However, there have been reports of individuals intruding into the Wang family, and it’s said that they never returned.”

“It’s not only the Wang family; the Bai family and the Xie family are in a similar situation. I’ve heard that these three families have enlisted a significant number of martial artists for protection. I’m not sure what they are up to.”

After Mei Changge and the others stopped talking, the barrier formed by spiritual energy dissipated. They also heard the conversations in the restaurant.

“My lord, it seems the three families have already joined forces!”

Xu Chu smiled at Mei Changge when he heard the voices around him.