Chapter 131: White Jade Lotus Wine

Xu Chu watched in disbelief as his brother led the entire Nine Howling Wolf Cavalry toward the mine in a flash.

Song Yubai collected the corpses, and Xu Ding went to the mine to gather ores. Only Xu Chu remained behind.

“Old Li, come out!”

Xu Chu’s face was solemn as he shouted.

“I’m here!”

When Li Xin heard Xu Chu calling him, he hastily emerged from the ranks of the Mystic Yang soldiers, wearing a puzzled expression.

“Hey, Old Li, do you reckon there’s anything valuable left with the Forest race?”

Xu Chu wrapped his hand around Li Xin’s shoulder and asked in a serious tone.

He was determined not to be outdone by his older brother or Song Yubai. Zhang Xiang, who was accompanying Song Yubai, was not part of this competition.

“General, if there’s anything valuable left, I believe it should be in that direction.”

Hearing Xu Chu’s question, Li Xin’s eyes glinted. Then, he pointed in the direction of the tallest tree in the entire Forest race’s territory. That direction lay behind the palace, concealed among the trees.

“Let’s go and take a look.”

Xu Chu trusted Li Xin’s observation. He could find things that others could not.

Of course, it wasn’t anything extraordinary. It was just that Li Xin possessed a unique ability to observe things differently from others. He could spot details that often went unnoticed by others.

Before long, Xu Chu led Li Xin and the other Mystic Yang soldiers to the location Li Xin had pointed out.

“This is…”

Xu Chu’s eyes narrowed, and a look of realization appeared on his face.

No wonder he hadn’t spotted them on the battlefield—they were all gathered here.

Before him stood the Forest race’s Giant War Trees. However, they appeared to have considerably diminished in vitality and were unmistakably withered.

“That’s strange.”

Xu Chu was a little surprised. However, he did not know how to deal with these Giant War Trees.

After all, they were clearly controlled by the Forest race, but he didn’t know the methods to control them.

“General, look over there.”

Li Xin stretched out his finger and pointed at a stone platform not far away. Green blocks were placed there one after another.

“Let’s go and take a look.”

Xu Chu’s eyes lit up. His intuition told him that the green blocks on the stone platform had something to do with the Giant War Trees.

Soon, the two of them arrived near the stone platform. Looking at the green blocks on the stone platform, Xu Chu’s face was filled with curiosity.

Upon closer inspection, he realized that they also exuded the fragrance of wood.

“One, two, three… 41?”

Li Xin’s eyes brightened with excitement. He examined the Giant War Trees nearby and deduced that their number matched the count on the stone platform.

“General, if I’m not wrong, these should be the things that control the Giant War Trees!”

Li Xin said to Xu Chu with certainty.