Sugawara Koushi ~ Outburst

Reader-chan has an abusive boyfriend in this one-shot and Sugawara, being the sweetheart he is, comes to the rescue! Yay, Suga! ^.^ But seriously though, I'm addressing a serious topic in this one-shot and I'm not trying to make fun of it. Just so you know. 😊

~*~

Koushi was normally such a relaxed boy. So when he had his first outburst at Y/N's boyfriend, you bet everyone was more than just a little surprised.

It all started a few months back, when the silver-haired boy noticed his best friend was becoming more and more distant and shy. Before Y/N began dating her new boyfriend, she was so loud and boisterous, bubbly and outgoing. But that all changed when boyfriend-san turned up. After that, she became more quiet and lost her ability to speak freely. Her and Suga would be sarcastic and happy together, but she never seemed the same once she started dating. She wouldn't talk as much, and she wouldn't laugh like she used to. Sugawara loved Y/N's laugh, it brightened up his life, but it became more dry as the days went on. And that was when Koushi realised something was wrong.

But, being the supportive little shit he was, he decided not to ask the girl and figured she was just nervous around him seeing as she had a boyfriend, and didn't want people to think she was cheating on her boyfriend. Suga understood perfectly, not getting too close to Y/N around other people, but that only made it worse. She would start skipping out on studying with him after school and coming to watch their volleyball matches, whether they were practice ones or real ones, and that hit the boy the hardest. Y/N would always come along and cheer for the team, no matter how much she embarrassed them, and would attack them all with hugs regardless of whether they won or not, even Tsukishima.

But things got a bit more suspicious when Y/N came into school with a, rather noticeable, bruise on the side of her face a month after her and boyfriend-san started dating.

"Woah, Y/N-san, that's a nasty bruise! What happened?" Nishinoya asked immediately as the girl walked into the gym.

"I uh, I tripped and hit my face on the edge of my bed," the girl stuttered quietly, earning a series of sharp breaths as the volleyball team imagined how painful that must've been.

Everyone gasped except Suga, knowing that she was lying as soon as she stuttered. Y/N never stuttered, and always knew what she was going to say. And even if she didn't, she would say the first thing that came to mind without even thinking, no stuttering required.

The girl was clutching a book tightly to her chest, scanning the gym until she found Sugawara, immediately rushing over to him with small, fast steps. He bent down a little bit so he wasn't that much taller than Y/N and furrowed his eyebrows in worry at the girl.

"I've got your textbook," she said quietly, handing him the book. "You left it at my house last weekend."

Ah, thanks," Koushi smiled brightly, but that smile faded once he saw the girl's bruise for real.

It was huge! Practically covering her entire cheekbone and it was really dark, looking extremely painful. Her skin was pale and her blue eyes were wide with fear, and Koushi needed to know how she got it; because he knew for a fact that she didn't get it from the edge of her bed.

"How'd you get that bruise?" He asked softly, trying not to push the girl.

"I told you, I tripped," she hissed, her tone surprising the silver-haired boy.

Realising how harsh her reply was, the girl looked up in panic into Sugawara's eyes, the hurt in her own unbearable for him to even look at.