Kozume Kenma ~ Lost Cat

No joke, this happened to me and grenda2911. Except there was no Kenma and no cheesy storyline. 😢

~*~

Breathing in the crisp morning air, you sighed happily as you continued your walk to school.

Even though your best friend, Hinata, totally ditched you for morning volleyball practice, you were still in a good mood and pretty much nothing could ruin it.

Except for a cat in the middle of the pavement.

Failing to notice the animal right beneath your feet, you tripped over it and fell to the floor, your bag falling off of your shoulder as you did.

You sat up and looked at your bleeding knees (If you have glasses, pretend to push them up your nose right about now) but averted your attention elsewhere when you heard a quiet mew.

Looking up, you saw a - fully grown - cat right in front of you and you realised it was the cat you tripped over.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, kitty!" You gasped, stroking the cat gently. "Are you ok?"

The cat purred and nuzzled the side of its face into your hand, brushing up against your shins as you picked it up and carried it over to the curb where you sat yourself down with the cat in your hands.

It was still relatively early in the morning and no one was around, so you couldn't really ask anyone whose cat this belonged to.

Plus, the locals would probably be a little creeped out if they saw a sixteen-year old girl with bloody knees and a scuffed uniform on their doorstep with a cat.

So, you decided to call the number on the cat's collar and after two rings, someone picked up.

"Hello?" The person was male, and had a quiet, quite monotonous sounding voice.

"Hello, um, are you missing a cat by any chance?" You asked politely, one hand holding your phone while the other stroked the cat's head.

"Uh, yeah, I am," the male answered, sounding a little surprised. "Fully grown, black fur on top and golden fur underneath."

"Yep," you nodded, even though the owner couldn't see you.

"Awesome, where are you right now?" He asked, the clutter of objects moving around making you presume he was getting ready to leave.

"I'm right outside Karasuno High School. Do you know where that is? Do you need directions?" You asked.

"No, no, it's fine; I know where Karasuno is," he answered and you smiled triumphantly to yourself.

"Great! I'll be here," you said.

"I'll be there in a minute," the male concluded before hanging up and you put your phone down on the curb next to you before pulling out two plasters from your school bag and fixing up your knees and uniform.

Within a few minutes, you saw a teenage boy around your height in Nekoma sweats and a plain white t-shirt walking towards you and you presumed he was the owner of the cat.

From afar, he looked cute, but when he was right in front of you, you realised how hot he was.

"Thanks for calling me," he said, bending down to pick up his cat before noticing the plasters on your knees and he stood back up, cradling the cat like a baby as he gave you a worried look. "What happened to your knees?"

"Oh, I may or may not have tripped over your cat before calling you...hehe," you laughed nervously, a blush spreading across your cheeks and you scratched the nape of your neck.

"Yeah, sorry about that," the boy muttered, looking down at his cat. "He tends to wander..."

"No worries!" You waved it off, smiling the whole time - which the boy found rather cute. "My school is right here, anyway. I'm just worried if your cat is ok."

"He'll be fine. I trip over him all the time at home so he's probably used to it," the boy replied and you couldn't help but giggle at that, which the boy smiled at in return.

"I'm Kenma," he introduced himself, hoisting the cat up into one arm and holding out the other for you to shake his hand, which you gladly took in your own.

"Y/N," you replied, smiling sweetly at Kenma.

The two of you stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before Kenma broke the silence.

"I should probably get going, my school is all the way in Tokyo and I have to catch a train and all within an hour and a half," he said and you nodded.

"It's fine, I should probably get going too; I have to meet my friend at the gym right about now."

"Well I won't hold you up," Kenma smiled before waving and walking off with his cat in his arms.

But little did you know, that Kenma had saved your number into his phone for future reference.

~*~

All that happened to me and grenda2911 is we got yelled at by some crazy lady for picking up the cat.