Haiba Lev ~ Coffee Shop

Thank you for requesting something sweet for this tol bean haikyuu-trashu because I've never written for him before and I've really always wanted to.

~*~

Going to the coffee shop where Kenma's twin sister worked at after volleyball practice was like some sort of ritual for the Nekoma team, and they didn't stop going when Lev joined the team; in fact, they were even more willing to go because Lev loved meeting new people and figured that Kenma's sister would be the complete opposite of her brother, even though they were twins.

And he was right.

From the moment he met Y/N, Lev instantly took a liking to her, as she was so bright and happy, always smiling whenever the team walked through the door and always offering to serve them rather than her other colleagues.

Sometimes, Lev would sit up at the bar by the counter while she was working behind the counter just so he could talk to her, and it didn't take very long for the team plus Y/N to notice that their tall wannabe ace was starting to develop a crush on said girl.

But Y/N took her time with Lev. She wanted to see how long it would take and just how the boy would confess to her, and she would sure as hell reciprocate his feelings because she liked him a lot too.

As for Lev, he had no idea how to confess to Y/N, and Kenma kept telling the younger boy to just tell her, as he knew better than anyone else that Y/N was never one to judge or shut someone down rudely, and Lev knew that too.

So, in time, Lev was finally able to tell Y/N how he truly felt and, honestly, it was pretty darn cute.

~*~

"Hey, hey, hey, Y/N-chan!" The ringing of a certain owl's voice caused Y/N to look up and smile wider than she already was.

"Hey, Bokuto!" She grinned, waving to the boys crowded in the doorway.

"Don't just stand there, you idiot, move," Kuroo mumbled, shoving Bokuto into the coffee shop, awarding the bed-headed male a glare from his owl friend.

It wasn't uncommon for Bokuto to come along on some days, but when he did, it usually meant that the boys were going back to Kuroo's house or something, so they wouldn't be staying for very long.

"Same as usual?" Y/N asked with an eyebrow raised playfully.

"Please," Kuroo smiled charmingly, and Y/N nodded. "Take out right?"

Kuroo nodded and Y/N gestured him with a thumbs up before turning to get started on the dozen drinks.

"You're the only one working today, Y/N-chan?" Lev asked, peering over her shoulder to see there was nobody working behind her.

"No, weekdays aren't especially busy anyway, so I can handle it myself," she answered with a smile and Lev nodded and sat down.

"So, how's your day been?" She asked and Lev smiled warmly at the girl.

"It's been pretty good!" He beamed, his face soon turning sour though. "But Yaku-san kept kicking me during practice for mentioning his height."

"What's that, you lamppost? I'll kick your ass!" Yaku yelled from a table behind Lev, and the first-year flinched noticeably, causing Y/N to laugh a genuine laugh. It wasn't a giggle or a chuckle, it was a proper laugh.

"You guys really are something, you know?" She laughed, placing the first four drinks on the table in front of her for Lev to pass backwards.

"Something good or bad?" He asked, deciding to play along with the girl for a little bit.

"Something good of course!" She answered, her smile still as big as her heart. "I mean, without you guys, this old coffee shop would have no customers."

"That's not true, (coffee shop's name) ((Anteiku :'))) is a really cool place!" Lev exclaimed. "You guys serve amazing coffee and with a pretty girl like you working behind the counter, anyone would be dumb not to come here!"

As soon as the words left the taller boy's mouth, Lev clamped his hands over his mouth and Y/N laughed again.

"Is that a confession I hear?" She teased, and Lev blushed like mad.

"M-maybe," he mumbled, and Y/N picked up a marker from beside her and started to scribble something down on a cup that had Lev's name on it.

"Well, in that case," Y/N started, setting the cup down on the table and turning it around so that the writing was facing him. "Here's my number, call me sometime, yeah?"

Lev started in awe at the numbers written on his polystyrene cup and at how Y/N had managed to put cursives on every number was a mystery to the boy, but what made him blush even harder was the kiss and smiley face underneath it, which resembled Y/N so much.

"Don't look so surprised, Lev," Y/N said deviously, placing a hand on her hip as she picked up the pen and started tossing it in the air and catching it, repeating the action as she looked over at the shocked boy. "Kenma told me all about your little crush on me and I've been planning this move ever since."

Lev's face burned up even more - which didn't seem humanly possible at this point - and turned around the complain to Kenma, who was playing some game on his phone.

"Don't worry," she began, causing Lev to look at her before she kissed him on the cheek and winked cutely. "Your secret's safe with me."

~*~

Was this ok for Lev because I am inexperienced in writing for new characters.