Akaashi Keiji ~ Aphenphosmphobia

I don't even know how to pronounce the above phobia ^^^

~*~

Aphenphosmphobia - the fear of intimacy (being touched and loved)

~*~

Y/N had always been afraid of love, and it was probably something to do with her parents splitting up when she was only three.

Growing up, she would always be around her mother's house one week, then around her father's house the next.

It was so confusing for such a small child and, as she grew older and discovered the real meaning of love, she found herself becoming more and more scared of it as time passed on.

But it was the most painful for Y/N's best friend, Akaashi Keiji.

Of course, he knew about her phobia, but that didn't stop him from loving her.

It was rather difficult for someone to not love Y/N, as she was just so perfect. She was always happy and smiling, cracking jokes at Akaashi's volleyball practice, but as soon as he brought up the issue of love, she would suddenly turn all quiet and timid, and Akaashi never understood why.

He knew she had had issues at home from a very young age, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't love her properly.

The setter was prepared to give Y/N his all, as she meant so darn much to him, but she was scared of falling in love in case she had a replay of what happened with her parents.

~*~

"Ugh, what do I do, Bokuto?" The second-year asked, leaning his head back against the third-year's bed as he sat with his knees pulled up to his chest on Bokuto's carpeted floor.

"There's nothing you can do, Akaashi," Bokuto answered from up on the bed. "Y/N's phobia can't really be helped."

"I know, but what if there was a way to make her see how much I really do love her?" Akaashi asked.

"Well you could always ha-"

"I'm not going to have sex with her, Bokuto."

"Hey! Sex is a beautiful thing, Akaashi!"

"Tch, who are you? My mum?"

~*~

After weeks of consulting with himself and his mother, Akaashi finally found a way to tell Y/N how much she meant to him.

Even though Bokuto called it a stupid idea, the only approval the setter needed was from that of his mother.

"Um, L-L/N-san?"

"Keiji, how many times have I told you to call me Y/N?" She asked, giggling a little as she shut her locker door and turned to look at the flustered second-year.

"R-right," he mumbled, looking up at her. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?" She replied, smiling brightly at her best friend.

"I need to talk to you, like, urgently," Akaashi blurted out, and Y/N didn't even have any time to reply before he was pulling her out of the school building.

"What is it, Keiji?" She asked once the two of them had stopped walking.

"I..." How the hell was he supposed to say this? "Let me love you."

Well done, Keiji, he thought to himself as he looked at Y/N's confused face.

"W-what?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at her best friend.

Akaashi ran a hand down his face and continued.

"Look, Y/N, I know you have a problem about being loved but I can't help myself! I want to show you how much I love you and how much I care about you. And it's fine if you don't feel the same but I just have to tell you that you're perfect to me, and I would never treat you badly or anything like that - you mean too much to me for me to do that to you. But, even if you still don't want to be loved, that's ok. As long as you know that you've always got me to fall back on if you ever need a friend or someone to talk to; I'm always here. And-"

Akaashi was suddenly cut off by Y/N throwing her arms around his neck in a hug.

Surprised, Akaashi wrapped his own arms around Y/N's waist and hugged her back, inhaling the sweet scent of her.

"Keiji," she sniffled. "I want to love you but I'm scared."

"Don't be," he cooed, stroking Y/N's hair softly. "I'll always protect you."

~*~

This sucked ass, whoops but Akaashi.