Bokuto Koutarou ~ Fear

I'm already laughing and I haven't even finished the author's note yet. I spelt fear 'fera' and I don't even know why.

Oh God, help me.

sluttykawa loves this boy alotalotalot so she had to request another zombie apocalypse au with a comforting Bokuto so whatever this turns out to be, it's her fault.

~*~

"Do you see anything?" You whispered, making sure your back was pressed against the wall and your machete to your chest even tighter.

"Just a few more zombies, nothing we can't handle, eh?" Bokuto replied, and you looked over at him, smiling a little just to satisfy him. "You got your machete ready?"

You held the weapon up and Bokuto nodded, loading his gun full of bullets and cocking the canon into place.

He counted to three with his fingers, whispering the numbers, and when he reached three, the two of you jumped out from behind the wall you were hiding behind, you armed with you machete and Bokuto with his gun.

He started picking off the zombies closest with his gun while you ran past them and to the three in the back, swinging your machete with such power, you thought you might drop it.

You got through the first two zombies easily, but the third and final one proved to be quite a challenge.

You swung your machete, managing to get him in the head, but the blade stopped, hitting what you presumed to be his skull but refusing to go in any further.

You tried to pull your machete out from his head, but it was wedged pretty tightly, and before you could do anything about it, the zombie lifted his foot up and kicked you harshly in the stomach, sending you back onto the floor.

You tried to get up quickly, but the zombie crawled on top of you, and you yelled out for Bokuto, thinking you were going to die before you heard a gunshot and the zombie went limp on top of you, falling off of you and onto the floor.

You stared at where the zombie once was, tears you thought would never fall welling in your eyes as you scrambled to you feet.

"Y/N, are you o-" Bokuto tried to ask, but before he could, you snatched his gun off of him and proceeded to shoot the zombie five more times in the head, wasting all the bullets Bokuto had in the gun, the tears in your eyes falling as you dropped the gun and walked off, wiping your eyes with the sleeve of your jacket.

Bokuto watched you go for a moment before coming to his senses and picking up his gun from the floor and placing it back in its pouch, bending down and ripping the machete from the zombie's head, it taking a lot of force, but he got it out nonetheless.

Bokuto then proceeded to run after you, not asking you what was wrong at first. He would wait until you had calmed down before he asked you anything.

~*~

The two of you hadn't ran into anymore zombies that day, and settled down at an abandoned warehouse that still had some in date meat and a packet of biscuits leftover.

Bokuto cooked over the fire while you sat by it, staring into its flames intently as the same scene replayed in your head.

You quickly buried your head in your arms and Bokuto heard a quiet gasp from you, presuming you were crying.

Making sure the food wouldn't burn, Bokuto stepped away from the fire and sat down next to you, wrapping his arm around your shoulders and pushing your head down onto his shoulder.

Your gasps soon turned to sniffles, and soon enough you were crying again.

Bokuto ran his hand through your hair softly, shushing you gently as his other arm rubbed yours up and down.

"What happened back there, sweetheart?" He asked sweetly, and you brought your head out of your arms to look at him, and what he saw in your eyes was something he had never seen from you before:

Fear.

"It's ok, you don't need to tell me if you don't want to," Bokuto dismissed, wrapping his arms around you again and hugging you tightly. "From now on, I swear I'll protect you no matter what, even if it costs me my life, I will protect you."

"Don't put your life on it, Koutarou," you said meekly, and Bokuto asked why. "Because then I won't be able to do this."

And with that, you leaned upwards, pressing your lips to his softly, and Bokuto kissed back, deepening the kiss as time went on.

When the two of you pulled away, Bokuto cupped your face and move his hand down to your chin, pulling you in for another kiss.

"You know, out of all the people I could've been stuck with in this hellish situation, I'm really glad it was with you," he whispered, pressing his forehead to yours and breathing softly onto your lips.

"Me too," you replied quietly, and opened your eyes to see Bokuto's golden ones looking right back at you. "But isn't the dinner burning?"

~*~

I watched High School of The Dead after writing my last zombie apocalypse au and before writing this and all I could think about while writing this was: "heh, bewbs."