Nishinoya Yuu ~ Misunderstanding

This title is a misunderstanding wtf.

But Noya (my bABY) was requested by @thuglyfeotaku which I'm sure your username is a lie because I bet you're very beautiful! Thank you for being so patient during the making of this one-shot, I was able to get it done under no pressure at all so that's amazing!

I hope you enjoy!

~*~

Noya wouldn't really describe what he was feeling as jealousy, more like suspicion.

He couldn't be angry at Hinata for being best friends with one of the hottest third-years at Karasuno, but confused sure was a good way to put it.

Hinata never really thought it was a big deal that Y/N was his best friend, as their mothers had been quite close ever since the two of them were born.

But, because of their close bond, many people thought the two were actually dating because they were always hugging, as best friends do.

Plus, Hinata seemed so comfortable around Y/N - not that he wasn't comfortable around the volleyball team - but he seemed to just truly let himself go when he was around the third-year, who happened to be the manager of the girl's volleyball team and just a little shorter than Hinata.

And Noya had always admired Y/N (and not just because she was unbelievably pretty) but because of the fact that she was always such an inspiration to the second-year.

It wouldn't even be an overstatement to call the girl his senpai, because she showed that she could still be a team captain and an ace even though she was shorter than Hinata.

Noya really did like the girl and he just wanted to know how to get close to her so he could learn from her just how she had gotten so good at volleyball.

~*~

"Shoyo!" Nishinoya yelled upon entering the gym - late, mind you - to turn up for volleyball practice.

"Oi! Why are you late?" Coach Ukai asked, but Nishinoya ignored him.

"Shoyo, tell me how to get close to Y/N-senpai!" The wild-haired boy ordered, and a chorus of wolf whistles erupted from the rest of the volleyball team, causing Nishinoya's cheeks to burn red.

"Why would you want to get close to Y/N-chan?" Hinata asked curiously, Nishinoya cringing at the use of the nickname even though she was two years older than the orange-haired boy. They really were close...

"Now, now, Hinata," Sugawara started, stepping up behind Hinata and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't embarrass the boy anymore; I think we all know why he wants to get close to our dearest Y/N."

~*~

"Y/N-senpai~!"

The mentioned girl turned around upon hearing her name from a distance, only to see Nishinoya running up to her at top speed.

She was almost worried that he would bump into her but not before he skidded to a stop right in front of her and bowed down at a ninety degree angle, surprising the girl to say the least.

"Can I help you, Nishinoya?" She asked sweetly, and Nishinoya sprang upright when he heard the girl's voicd and spend what could be the best five seconds of his life just staring at her pretty face, admiring her radiant (eye colour) eyes and the way her (hair colour) hair cascaded down her shoulders like a majestic waterfall, and Nishinoya had no idea that he was staring until Y/N giggled, a sound so beautiful to the second-year.

"Uh, yes!" He exclaimed, a little too nervous for his liking.

Taking a deep breath, Nishinoya started from the beginning.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Y/N-senpai, but I was wondering if you wanted to maybe grab a coffee with me after school today?" He asked, his cheeks literally burning red as he squeezed his eyes shut, ready for rejection.

He was expecting her to say something like 'I'm sorry but I already have a boyfriend' or 'I would, but...'.

But what he got was the complete opposite of what he expected.

Nishinoya opened his eyes when he felt Y/N's warm lips press against his cheek, sending an array of chills down his spine.

"Sure, I'd love to!" She exclaimed, smiling sweetly at the boy. "But I have sports last period, so if you're ok with me turning up in my kit then that's not a problem!"

Too shocked to even come up with a sensible reply, Nishinoya just said the first thing that came to mind, which just so happened to be:

"That's terrific! I think you look really hot in your sports kit anyway!"

Covering his mouth as soon as the words escaped his lips, Nishinoya's eyes widened like saucers, but Y/N didn't mind at all.

Ruffling Nishinoya's hair with one hand, she pushed her bag further up her back before smiling at him again.

"You're so cute," she giggled, kissing him on the cheek again before waving him goodbye and walking off down the corridor.

"Nice one, Nishinoya, telling her she looks hot in her sports kit is always a good way to start," Daichi teased, but Nishinoya didn't pay any mind to the words his captain his said, as he had a date with the best girl in school.

~*~

My back is really hurting and I don't know why, but it's really distracting me so I hope those one-shot wasn't too shitty.