Akaashi Keiji ~ Tattoos

Akaashi was requested by @Akaashi_the_setter and even though you asked for fluff, I went along with this because it's a sort of fluffy angst. Hope you enjoy!

~*~

Akaashi was relieved he got his tattoo when he did, and he was relieved you got yours at the same time.

At first, he thought it was a stupid idea.

When you brought up the idea of getting eachother's names tattooed on your wrists, Akaashi just thought it was silly.

He lectured you about how tattoos were permanent and could never be removed and you knew. But when he asked you why you wanted to have eachother's names tattooed on your wrists, you couldn't bring yourself round to tell him. So you just told him it would be cute.

In response, Akaashi clicked his tongue and walked away, commenting on how childish you were sometimes. Of course, you took offence, but still couldn't tell him the real reason.

A few weeks before, you had been diagnosed with an illness that only gave you six more months to live.

You loved Akaashi and wanted to be able to cherish the moments you had together for the next six months, and tattooing his name on your wrist would stay with you even after you died, therefore he would always be with you.

But you didn't want to tell Akaashi that as it would break his poor little heart.

~*~

"I was thinking of going on holiday to (favourite country) next year with your side of the family and mine. What do you think?" Akaashi asked at the dinner table, looking up at you as you gripped your fork tighter in your hand.

"Um..." You choked out. "I..."

"Y/N, is everything ok?" He asked, getting up from the table once he saw the tears dripping from your eyes and bending down next to you, taking your hands in his and turning you around do you were facing him.

"I'm not going to make it until next year," you managed to sob through breaths and Akaashi raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean?" He asked softly, reaching up to wipe your tears away.

"I've only got six months left, Keiji," you elaborated. "I've been to a doctor."

Akaashi felt as if someone had just ripped his heart out of his chest. There was nothing inside of him anymore except the daunting fact that he would have to live the rest of his life without you.

"Hey, don't cry," he shushed, feeling tears of his own sting his eyes as he stood upright and carried you over to the couch.

He laid you down on the couch and snuggled up next to you, holding you tightly in his arms as you cried into his chest.

"Is this why you wanted us to get tattoos of eachother's names?" He asked quietly, rubbing your back up and down in circles.

You nodded into the fabric of his t-shirt, your cries dying down to small sniffles.

"Then let's do it."

~*~

I'm sorry!