Akaashi Keiji ~ Fireworks

This long-awaited one-shot was requested by Akaashi_the_setter and I am so sorry that it's taken so long to get this done, but I really appreciate your patience. Thanks for requesting!

Also, it's Akaashi's birthday today, god bless.

~*~

"Keiji, come on! The fireworks are starting in twenty minutes!" Y/N called up the stairs to her boyfriend, wrapping her scarf around her neck securely.

"Sorry, Y/N, I'll be there in a minute!" Akaashi called down to Y/N, who was too excited to be annoyed at her boyfriend's non-existent punctuality.

Bouncing over to the mirror, Y/N stared at her beaming reflection as she rearranged her burgundy beanie on the top of her head and slipped her hands into a pair of matching burgundy mittens.

Picking up her phone and putting it into her coat pocket, Y/N didn't even notice Akaashi coming down the stairs and stepping behind her until he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and rested his head on her shoulder.

Gasping a little in surprise, Y/N looked up at the reflection in the mirror, which now consisted of her and Akaashi - who was dressed very nicely in navy blue jeans, a navy blue coat and matching beanie, a pair of black converse on his feet.

Feeling a wistful smile creep up onto her face, Y/N turned around in Akaashi's arms and wrapped her own arms around his waist, staring up into his slate-grey eyes sweetly.

"Hey," Akaashi said quietly into the comfy silence of their apartment, and Y/N giggled.

"Hi," she replied, still smiling like an idiot.

"You ready to go?" He asked, and Y/N nodded, letting go of Akaashi before grabbing the house keys off of the table next to her and tossing them to Akaashi, who caught them effortlessly.

"Nice receive," she teased with a cocked eyebrow before winking and stepping out of the house, Akaashi following behind her with a chuckle.

"I try," he replied, making sure to grab Y/N's mittened hand tightly before the two of them started walking down the street to the local park.

In commemoration of the new year, the park literally just around the corner from where Y/N and Akaashi lived were holding a fireworks display, and the two were really excited to go as it would be the first fireworks show the two of them had seen together as a couple, let alone a new year.

"You know," Y/N spoke up just as her and Akaashi arrived at the park. "I never actually thought I would starting the new year with you, Keiji."

Akaashi looked down at his girlfriend once the two of them had found a spot near the front of the fireworks display.

"And why's that?" He asked, taking Y/N's other hand in his and cocking his head to the side slightly.

"I guess it's because you're so great and I never really was keen on having a boyfriend in the first place," she answered with a shrug, tugging on Akaashi's hands to bring him closer. "But I guess that's all different now."

10...

Akaashi felt a smile creep up onto his face as he wrapped his arms around Y/N's waist, brushing a piece of stray hair away from her face.

9...

"Believe it or not, I was actually quite surprised when I found out that you'd never had a boyfriend apart from me," Akaashi commented softly. "I thought all the guys would be after you since you're so beautiful."

8...

Wrapping her arms around Akaashi's neck, Y/N buried her face in his chest to hide her blushing face, but Akaashi tipped her chin up to meet his sincere gaze.

7...

The two of them stared at eachother, and it was like a throwback to their first kiss. First year of high school, they both just considered it a stupid high school crush, but it was so much more.

6...

"Keiji..." Y/N mumbled as Akaashi brought her face closer to his.

She found no reason to be nervous, but she was.

Her heart was beating out of her chest even though she'd kissed Akaashi many times.

But this one would be their first kiss of the new year, and she wanted it to be perfect.

5...

"Don't worry, Y/N, I'll make it perfect," he replied, like he knew what she was thinking.

Their faces were just inches apart, and Y/N found herself wanting to close the gap between the two of them the more she felt her eyes close.

4...

Cupping the side of Y/N's face with one hand while the other was still wrapped around her waist, Akaashi leaned in just close enough for his lips to graze Y/N's, and the girl felt so hopeless under the blissful feeling of her boyfriend's lips nearly touching hers.

But Akaashi knew he had to get the perfect timing.

3...

"Y/N..." He mumbled against the girls lips almost sounding needy even though he was the one taking charge.

Why was his heart beating so fast?

Where was all of this nervousness coming from?

Why did his chest ache every time he felt Y/N's cold breath against his warm lips?

Because he was falling in love with her all over again...

2...

Stroking Y/N's cheekbone, Akaashi licked his lips nervously, wanting to remember the look of peace on Y/N's face before he closed his eyes.

"I love you," he said, so darn sincerely it could make anyone cry. "I love you so much, Y/N."

"I love you too," Y/N whispered, afraid to talk any louder for the fear that she might start crying.

1...

And, just like that, the gap was closed.

It didn't matter who closed it, all that mattered was that it was perfect.

Just as the fireworks were set off in different arrays of bright and beautiful colours, Akaashi deepened the kiss.

It was soft, but passionate, and everything either of the two could've ever asked for in a kiss.

It really was perfect...

*Extended ending*

"Hey, look, Kuroo-san, Akaashi's really getting into it, don't you think?"

Kuroo looked over to the couple, a smirk creeping up onto his face.

"Ohoho, Akaashi is really getting into it!" The third-year replied, causing Bokuto to laugh.

"Who would've known that baby-face would've gotten a girlfriend before we did?" The owl-like male pouted, watching as Y/N and Akaashi pulled away and started to watch the fireworks. "Man, I want a girl like Y/N!"

~*~

I tried to make this one really fluffy and cute, but I may have made it really cringeworthy in the process, so I'm sorry if you're just a pile of cringe at this point because I sure as hell am.