Terushima Yuuji ~ Expectations

Oh, this boy deserves more love.

~*~

Expectations were kind of bullshit nowadays.

They were only put in place so people could nag at or chastise eachother for not doing what they were expected to do, and it was so stupid.

Especially for Terushima, who was a - as proclaimed by society - "bad boy", which technically wasn't true.

Sure, he got a few detentions here and there and he got a little too fired up before, during and after volleyball matches, but he wasn't necessarily a bad boy.

It was the tongue and ear piercings that made everyone think that.

And Terushima didn't mind the rumours going around at first, as they weren't affecting him or his person, so he let them slide and classed them as fruitless gossip, but when he started dating Y/N, the rumours started to get a little ridiculous.

Day in, day out Y/N would be told that Terushima had done something with another girl behind her back, and even though Y/N never believed the rumours, Terushima still couldn't help but feel like one day she would.

And Y/N knew better than to believe what everyone else was saying because she knew how stupid and goofy and cute Terushima was, and she knew that all of this was just out of character for him.

But when the rumours didn't stop - and got worse in fact - Terushima found himself wanting to keep Y/N by his side more than ever, even though she had told him time and time again that she wasn't going anywhere.

~*~

"Y/N, do you think I'm a bad person?" Terushima suddenly asked when the two were cuddled up on the bed under three layers of fluffy blankets watching anime.

And Y/N had to do a double take on what Yuuji had just said because it was so sudden that it could've run her over like a car.

"What?" She asked in confusion, pausing the anime to look up at her boyfriend's sad face.

"Do you think I'm a bad person?" He asked again, looking down at Y/N and the confused expression on her face.

Y/N blinked for a second, scanning the look in Terushima's eyes and on his face to see if he was joking and when she saw the sincerity behind his eyes, she actually felt so sorry for him.

"Honey, of course not," she laughed, pressing a gentle kiss to her boyfriend's pouting lips, and when she saw he was still upset, she creased her eyebrows in worry and shifted so she was sitting upright, prepared to give Terushima her full attention. "Why would you think that?"

And Terushima had to avert his gaze from Y/N's for a minute because the look in her eyes was just too much for him at that moment, seeing how much she cared about him even with these stupid rumours going around.

"Because of what people think about me," he mumbled, but Y/N still heard him, and she intertwined her fingers with Terushima's, bringing their hands out of the blankets to look at how perfectly their hands fit together.

"Yuuji, I couldn't give a damn about what people think about you," she replied, as she played with Terushima's fingers with her other hand. "Expectations are so stupid, you know? It doesn't matter what people think about you - whether it be that you're a bachelor or just a downright bad boy because of your appearance - because I know that you're just a really big, energetic, hot teddy bear that is extremely stupid and lovable and goofy and that's all I need to know.

"I know that you wouldn't go around sleeping with other girls because that's not what you do. I know you all too well for your own good, and I know that you'd be too nervous to make the first move, so you see how expectations how crap?"

Terushima nodded, his pout never leaving his face.

"I'll never leave you because of what people expect of you. As long as you're there for me when I need you and I'm there for you then that's all that matters. As long as we work then I'm fine with people thinking that you're a super hot jock but me knowing that you're really a fool who still believes in Santa Claus," she explained, and Terushima perked up at this.

"But Santa Claus is real, Y/N!" He argued, and Y/N simply giggled before leaning upwards to press her lips to Terushima's, and just as she pulled back, Terushima cupped her cheeks in his large hands and brought her face up to his so he could rest his forehead against hers.

"I love you," he murmured against Y/N's lips, and she hummed in satisfaction before closing the gap between the two of them with a kiss that lasted for about three seconds but still felt like it could go on forever.

"I love you too," she said as they pulled away and the two continued to watch reruns of old anime while Terushima kept blowing in Y/N's ear and tried to sneak in extra kisses here and there but ended up kissing her cheek when she turned her head in the direction of the screen just in time to see her otp kiss or favourite character die.

And by the end of the night, the two were fully asleep with their legs entangled together under the sheets and their bodies pressed up against eachother for warmth.

So, yeah. It didn't really matter what people thought about Terushima because he could continue living as a big goofball and no one would know of it except for Y/N, which he liked the sound of.

~*~

This really gave me the feels, Terushima why can't you be in season 3?