Azumane Asahi ~ Life-Saver

This was something that came to me while watching an episode of Re:Hamatora and can I say, Three is just like Asahi.

~*~

Light silver curls bouncing, Suga let out a nervous chuckle as his hand raised to scratch the back of his neck.

"Hehehe; gomen, Asahi," the boy apologised, bringing his hand down from his head, the keys he was holding jingling as he stuffed them back into his pockets. "Mum and Dad are out of town for a bit on work and they left me to babysit Y/N, but my part-time job is really low on staff right now and I couldn't turn them down."

Asahi smiled and shook his head, raising a hand to ruffle the hair on your head as his other arm hoisted you up onto his shoulder.

"No, no, it's fine - honestly," he reassured, and Suga hummed out in dissatisfaction.

"I don't know," he mumbled. "I feel really bad about this though. You've got a lot going on at the moment and I would've taken her to Daichi or Ennoshita, but she really wanted you to look after her."

"If she wanted me to look after her then I don't see a problem," Asahi insisted. "It'll be nice to take my mind off of college life for a bit."

"You're sure?" Suga asked, tilting his head down a bit and giving Asahi a questionable look.

"Positive," Asahi nodded, and Suga sighed out in relief.

"Ok," he whispered - more to himself more than anyone - taking a step towards you and giving you a stern look. "Y/N, you be good for Asahi, ok? You wanted to see him so you have to be extra, extra good."

You nodded enthusiastically, throwing your arms around Asahi's neck and giggling.

"Alright then," the silver-haired boy sighed again, leaning forward to kiss your cheek before pulling back and running a hand through his feathery hair. "I'll be back to get her later."

"Suga, it's late," Asahi stated. "Let her stay for the night and you can come get her tomorrow."

"No," Suga replied firmly, shaking his head. "It's enough me bringing her here without at least calling you first, I can't possibly let you keep her for the night."

"Suga," the taller male chuckled. "It's fine, honest. And besides, you look like you could use the rest. Now go, before you get fired."

Suga smiled in relief. "I owe you one."

~*~

"Azumane~!" You squealed, running down the stairs with paper and crayons in your hands.

"Careful, Y/N, don't run!" He gasped, and you stopped halfway down the stairs, taking each next step cautiously until you were at the bottom. "Good girl; now, what have you got there?"

Holding up the paper and crayons, you grinned excitedly.

"Draw with me!" You exclaimed, and Asahi nodded.

Running into the living room on those little legs of yours, you sat down on the carpeted floor and set two pieces of paper down - one for you and one for Asahi.

The older male joined you after making you some warm milk to, hopefully, calm you down for the night and some coffee for himself.

"Be careful, ok? The milk is hot," he warned as you picked up the little mug. "So, what are you going to draw?"

Putting the mug down next to you, you tipped out your crayons onto the floor and picked up the red one - beginning to draw.

"I'm going to draw you, and big brother, and me - all as one big happy family!" You answered happily, and Asahi's eyebrows knitted in concern.

"But you've already got a happy family," he added on. "There's you, Suga, Mummy and Daddy - right?"

"Our family isn't really very happy," you replied, not taking your eyes off of the paper. "Mummy and Daddy are always out working and big brother is always in his room studying for tests. When he comes downstairs, he's always really tired and pretends to be happy. I don't think his boss treats him very well, either."

"Is that so?" Asahi asked, and you nodded, smiling widely as you held up the drawing.

"Look! It's me, you and big brother!" You exclaimed happily, and Asahi smiled, standing up and picking you up along too as he headed into the kitchen, clearing some space on the fridge to stick your drawing up.

"It's perfect," he said, and your smile faded a little.

"Azumane?" You asked in a small, feeble voice, causing the older male to look at you. "Do you think big brother is always tired because of me?"

Asahi's brows knitted in worry as he knelt down on the ground, placing you in front of him.

"Not at all, sweetheart," he answered. "Suga is just worried about you, that's all. The truth is, he doesn't think he's capable of looking after you while your mummy and daddy are away. And he's also worried about his college work, too - he has a lot to work on, you know?

"But none of this is your fault, ok? Things are just a bit rocky right now, but I'm always here to look after you if Suga needs me to," he concluded, and your smile had already found its way back onto your face before you pounced on him in a hug.

Asahi may not be the best when it comes to socialising or meeting new people, but he was always someone you and Suga could rely on.

He was a life-saver.

~*~

Asahi is such an underrated character I swear.