Sawamura Daichi ~ Relief

I feel like I'm better at writing depressing stuff rather than happy stuff and I don't know why. I'm normally a very happy person ^.^

But seriously though, this one-shot is a little depressing, so read with caution my little angels.

~*~

Y/N was depressed. There was no other way to put it. She and everyone around her knew it and were always trying to get her out of it, but there was someone who knew that wasn't possible. Daichi was that person. He knew there was no way out of depression, and that it had to be worked through in order to be overcome. He knew. But with Y/N, it was a different story.

When Daichi began dating her, she was always cheerful and bubbly, cuddly and sweet. But ever since her father passed away a year ago, all of that changed. Sure, Daichi missed the old Y/N, but he had to get used to the new Y/N: the Y/N that would break down in tears at the most random times, the Y/N that wouldn't laugh at Hinata during volleyball practise when Nishinoya did Rolling Thunder, the Y/N that didn't smile like she used to. But he got along with it anyway.

A few months into Y/N's depression, she found a way of relief to all the internal pain she felt, and let's just say it wasn't very nice. Especially for Daichi who walked in on the horrifying scene on the night of their two-year anniversary. Ever since then, he made sure to keep a close eye on his girlfriend and give her extra cuddles when she looked like she needed them.

The girl was slowly starting to cheer up, but was still stuck in the middle of her depression, smiling sometimes but then frowning at others. It was only when she stopped going to watch the volleyball team's practises that did Daichi get a little worried. Despite the fact Suga told him that she was responsible enough to call for his help if she needed it, that didn't stop the team captain from calling an end to the practise early that day and rushing over to his and Y/N's apartment.

"Y/N?" He called when he was in the living room, and listened carefully for a reply. But when he didn't get one, his heart began racing.

He ran up the stairs, taking them two at a time, when the sound of Y/N's sobs became more distinctive. He sighed in relief, which may have sounded a little mean, but he was just so glad that the girl wasn't dead. The sobs were coming from the bedroom, where Daichi thought they would be coming from, and he made no hesitation in heading straight for the door.

He opened the door ajar, peeking through the crack to see his girlfriend huddled in a ball on the bed, crying her eyes out. The sight alone was enough to break Daichi's heart, but he went in anyway. Closing the door quietly behind him, he silently made his way over to the bed, sat down in the middle of it and picked the girl up, placing her on his lap as she wrapped her arms around his neck and cried into his chest.

He didn't need words to comfort the girl, just a strong hug to let her know it was alright. He wrapped his arms around her back tightly and kissed the top of her head, gently rubbing her back up and down. After a few minutes of Y/N crying, she eventually began to calm down, her wails turning into sobs, and her sobs turning into sniffles.

"It h-hurts s-so much, Daichi," she said through sobs.

"I know," he whispered, keeping the girl in his embrace. "I know it hurts, Y/N, but you are strong. Stronger than anybody I've ever met. And I know that there's no way out of this downward spiral, but I am so, so proud of you for dealing with it. And you'll never have to face this alone; you have me and Suga, we'll look after you. And Asahi too. You know, he's actually really good at making cookies, I can get him to make some for you. Would you like that?"

The girl nodded into the fabric of Daichi's shirt before looking up, her eyes puffy and red from crying. Daichi just gave her a small smile before pecking her on the forehead.

"I love you, ok?" He said, tilting his head to the side.

Y/N nodded again as more tears filled her eyes, these ones tears of joy. Daichi kissed her lips for a few seconds before pulling away, and stroking the girl's cheekbone gently. Suddenly, his phone dinged from his back pocket, and the boy stuck his tongue out in effort as he reached for the device.

"Who was it?" Y/N asked, sniffling.

"Asahi," Daichi answered, unlocking his phone via password. Although he would never tell anyone, his password was actually Y/N's birthday.

"He said that Hinata is running around the gym screaming because he was so worried about you. He even has a video," Daichi chuckled, showing his girlfriend the video.

Y/N felt a smile creep up onto her face at the sight of the orange-haired boy running around like a headless chicken while screaming her name, but she couldn't help but giggle when he tripped up and Nishinoya began running around the gym screaming Hinata's name.

"Your friends are crazy," she giggled, looking back up at her boyfriend.

"I know," he agreed, putting his phone back into his pocket. "But we're all here to help you."

"Thank you, Daichi," the girl smiled, lightly pecking his lips before pulling away. "Come on, let's go pester Asahi for those cookies.

~*~

The thought of Hinata and Nishinoya running around the gym like headless chickens made me smile so much, even more when Asahi videoed it and sent it to Daichi-san. Classic boys. ^.^