Sugawara Koushi ~ Proud

Fluff time because I'm trash and you all want this don't lie.

~*~

"I hate (best friend's name)," you moaned as you closed the door behind you, slipping off your shoes and coat and stretching a bit.

You still hadn't fully recovered from childbirth, yet your best friend was a hopeless case and needed help fixing their washing machine. Originally, you had only planned to be around their house for half an hour to an hour, as you did have a newborn baby and a husband to get back home to, but (best friend's name) just wouldn't shut up, and you'd ended up being there for three grueling hours.

"How's my baby?" You heard your husband ask from the living room and you trudged towards the comforting sound of his voice, the warmth from the room already sending goosebumps up your arms.

"Which one are you referring to?" You asked in reply, flopping down onto the couch next to Suga, where he wrapped his arms around your shoulders and welcoming you home and into his loving embrace.

"My first baby, of course," he answered quietly, understanding that you were tired and worn out. "You look terrible."

You looked up at Sugawara with a half-lidded gaze that made him chuckle a little. "Gee, thanks."

"You know that's not what I meant," he joked, placing two fingers underneath your chin and pulling your face towards his gently to plant a soft kiss to your lips.

God, how you'd missed Suga's lips.

Despite the fact it had only been three hours that you were gone, it daunted on you that you hadn't really seen much of Suga lately - you being asleep most of the time and him being at work. Having a baby sure was rough...

Wait...the baby.

You suddenly sprung up from the couch, nearly pulling Suga up with you as your eyes darted around the room frantically.

"Koushi, where's the baby?" You asked urgently, and Sugawara stood up from the couch, placing his hands on your shoulders reassuringly and pushing you back onto the couch.

"Y/N, calm down, I put the baby to sleep hours ago," he said softly, sitting down next to you.

"Did you feed him?" You asked, the panic in your eyes making Sugawara see just how much you cared for your child.

Suga nodded, and you let out a long sigh of relief, sinking back into his shoulders and closing your eyes. He smiled and shifted a little so that he was laying down on his back, pulling you on top of him to lay on his chest.

You were already starting to fall asleep and, as selfish as it sounded, Koushi wanted you to hear what he had to say before you were completely asleep.

"Y/N," he whispered, and you hummed tiredly in reply. "Y/N, look at me."

You slowly brought your head up from his chest and looked at your husband with ill blinking eyes.

"Hey," he smiled, cupping your cheek with one of his hands. "I love you."

You managed to smile a little, despite how tired you were, and Suga continued.

"And I'm really proud of you, too - seriously. I'm proud of you because you were strong enough to carry our son for nine months and deliver him healthy and happy, and you've made me the happiest man alive just from looking at you. And I'm proud that I can look at you and say: 'hey, that's my wife - my beautiful, courageous, amazing wife - and I love her with all of my heart.'."

Suga looked down at you to see that you were indeed sleeping, but the faint smile on your face told him that you had heard what he had said, and that you loved him too, even though you hadn't said it.

You didn't need to, as the fact that you went through the trouble of working for him and your child proved to Sugawara that you did indeed love him.

~*~

Are you satisfied because I sure as hell am.