Kozume Kenma ~ All Night

I get too many feels while writing for this anti-social little shit.

~*~

"Come on, Y/N, don't be such a buzzkill!" (friend's name) whined, tugging on your arm.

"I'm not being a buzzkill, I'm being responsible," was your flat answer as you didn't budge from your spot on your bed, laying on your back with your phone in your hand.

"But can't you be responsible and have some fun at the same time?" Your friend asked, the fact that she was begging you evident in her voice.

"I am having fun," you responded matter-of-factly. "This game is quite intriguing."

Your friend groaned. "You know what I mean!"

"With all due respect, (friend's name)," you started, sitting up. "I probably won't be having much fun if I'm going to be babysitting you all night, making sure you don't get into anyone's car."

Your friend put her hand on her hip and scoffed. "What kind of girl do you take me for?"

~*~

In the end, (friend's name) forced you to go to the club with her, and she even made you wear one of her skimpy dresses when you insisted on wearing a t-shirt and jeans. You hated parties; loud clubs even more so. You hated the sweaty bodies everywhere, the smell of alcohol, the loud music, everything. You were more preserved, and would rather stay at home binge-watching your favourite anime rather than go out clubbing. So when you got the chance to step outside, you gladly took it.

When your friend excused herself - very clumsily - to go to the bathroom, you left. You couldn't actually leave her in a club with strange people, so you just waited outside. The feeling of the cold air tickling your skin made you feel relaxed, and you took a deep breath before sinking down onto the floor.

You pulled out your phone and texted your friend, telling her that you were waiting outside when she was ready to go back to your dorm. The two of you were in your second year of college, and (friend's name) was already doing the typical college things: going to insane frat parties, getting so drunk she couldn't even remember the frat parties. She'd even had her fair share of one night stands! But you didn't want that. You just wanted to get good grades and be off with your life.

You began tapping away on your phone, playing random games, scrolling through past texts to all of your contacts, just usual stuff to pass the time. The night sky above you was so dark, and the only light you could notice was of that emanating from your phone. It was late at night, and you were tired, and you just wanted to sleep.

However, your thoughts were cut short when you heard someone walk outside, and you lifted your head up to see a boy, about your age, looking down at you. You'd seen him before, in the corridors of your college and the gym playing volleyball when you walked past. With all the faces you've seen just through your everyday life, the only thing that made him distinctive from the rest was his hair: black at the roots, and then blonde from then on.

You thought he was rather cute, but you couldn't remember his name. Kenma, was it?

"I take it you don't like clubbing either?" He asked, sitting down next to you.

"Nope," you answered, sliding your phone back into your purse. "How about you?" You asked, looking at him.

"I'm only here because my friend dragged me here," he replied quietly, looking down at his lap.

You sighed. "Same here; I would much rather stay at home and cry over anime."

"You like anime?" The boy suddenly asked, almost in what sounded like excitement.

"Yeah," you answered with a nod. "I'm really into (favourite anime) right now and the feels are just too much for a seventeen year old girl to handle," you added, placing a hand to your heart in mock hurt as you pouted jokingly.

The boy chuckled lightly and a small smile appeared at the corner of his lips, and you couldn't help but laugh a little too.

"I'm Kenma," he introduced, holding out his hand.

You looked at it for a second before taking Kenma's hand and shaking it. "Y/N."

"Well, Y/N," Kenma started, getting up and pulling you up with him. "Seeing as how our friends are probably sucking each other's faces off right now, you wanna ditch them and go hang out someplace else?"

You smiled and nodded, completely forgetting about your friend. Hey, she was the one who got you into this mess, so she would have to pay the price. Although, she did bring you to a club where a cute guy was, and right now he was holding your hand so you couldn't really hate her.

But, you ditched her anyway, and you and Kenma headed over to the park just across the street - somewhere close enough so you could see if (friend's name) came stumbling out in the meantime - hand in hand. He pushed you on the swing and the two of you went on the roundabout together. You would've stayed there all night if you could've, but, eventually, (friend's name) came stumbling out of the club with some guy who had a horrible case of bedhead.

Once the guy had been identified as Kenma's best friend, you credited Kenma on being right about the two drunk teenagers taking an interest in each other and exchanged numbers. You ended the night with a harmless kiss on his cheek which left your heart pounding as you literally dragged (friend's name) to your's and her's apartment and literally threw her onto the couch.

You sat on the other end of the couch and pulled your phone out from your purse, a smile spreading across your lips when you saw a message from Kenma. You unlocked your phone and the smile on your lips faded when you read the message.

From Pudding-chan: (favourite anime character) dies. 😉

You smiled deviously as you texted him back, shoving your phone back into your purse soon after.

To Pudding-chan: oh yeah? Well, your head looks like a pudding!

After a few minutes, your phone buzzed from your purse and you looked at the message, smiling again at what it read.

From Pudding-chan: that was uncalled for, Y/N-chan.

~*~

I WANT TO EAT KENMA'S HAIR.

AwkwardnessToTheMax "sucking eachother's faces off" 😂