Sugawara Koushi ~ Friendly

As much as I would like for this to be one of those illegal teacher x student fluffs that everyone lives for, this isn't (I guess) and it's just Suga being his usual motherly self to his students. The end.

Requested by @ me because come at me xD

~*~

Y/N was actually so relieved that Sugawara-sensei was her homeroom and English Lit. teacher because he was so kind it made the girl want to start crying.

He never yelled at anyone - no matter how much they may piss him off - and he was actually a good teacher. unlike literally all of the other teachers at Karasuno.

Y/N was normally a very shy person, and found it hard to talk to people in general, regardless of whether she knew them or not.

But with Sugawara-sensei, he was just so easy to get along with, and the girl even went as far to consider him a friend, as God knew how badly she needed some.

And another plus side to Sugawara being around was the fact that Y/N was struggling in English Lit. and all of her previous teachers were too dumb or too intimidating to approach.

But because Sugawara gave off a motherly sort of vibe, Y/N actually felt comfortable about the idea of going up to him and asking him for help.

So that's just what she did.

~*~

Taking a deep breath, Y/N ignored the pounding in her chest as she knocked on the classroom door, hearing the cheerful reply of her teacher sort of putting her mind at ease, as it showed that he was in a good mood.

But then again, when was Sugawara not in a good mood?

Opening the door slightly, Y/N stepped into the empty classroom and Sugawara looked up from the papers he was marking, smiling brightly when he saw Y/N.

"Ah, L/N-san! What can I do for you today?" He asked cheerfully, smiling so wide his beauty mark crinkled underneath his eye.

"Um, s-sensei, I came here to talk to you about my English Lit.," Y/N said, wringing her hands in front of her nervously.

"No problem! Take a seat," Sugawara instructed, pointing at the desk right in front of his.

Sitting down feebly, Y/N continued.

"So, I feel like I'm not improving in class and sometimes I find it a little hard and other times I don't really understand what we have to do," she explained, immediately realising that Sugawara could've taken it the wrong way. "N-not that it's your fault! Y-your an excellent teacher, sensei, and I-"

Sugawara cut Y/N off with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Don't worry, L/N-san, I understand!" He beamed, and Y/N smiled in relief. "I understand that English Lit. is a hard subject to learn and I really appreciate you actually coming to me to talk about it because now we can work together to get you to where you want to be. How does that sound?"

The racing of Y/N's heart had slowed down by now, and the girl didn't even know what she was afraid of anymore.

"That sounds amazing, thank you sensei!" She bowed her head down in thanks and Sugawara smiled. In fact, he never stopped smiling, so he was just smiling even wider.

"My pleasure!" Sugawara exclaimed. "If you come back here at the start of every lunchtime, then we can go over what you don't understand for ten minutes and, hopefully, double your grades by the end of the year," he instructed and Y/N nodded, standing up.

"Thank you again, sensei," she bowed fully this time, and Sugawara stood up to get the door for her.

"Don't mention it, L/N-san," he insisted, opening the door for her. "You're an outstanding student anyway, so teaching you should be a piece of cake."

Y/N nodded before Sugawara ruffled her hair.

"Now go enjoy your lunch, L/N-san," he said, and Y/N smiled at him once more before hurrying off down the corridor.

And the lunchtime lessons worked.

Y/N was able to boost her grades up by double and she landed where she wanted, at the top of the class all because she had the courage to ask for help.

And Sugawara couldn't have been more proud.

~*~

Why can't Suga be like any of my teachers?