Nishinoya Yuu ~ Baby

Before I start this one-shot, can we all take a moment to appreciate how fucking precious Nishinoya is. Like, you may not know this, but Noya is my favourite character. He's just...sO PRECIOUS! Ok, fangirl attack over. ^.^

~*~

She was surprised to say the least. Y/N never planned to have kids with Nishinoya, but now that she was pregnant with his child, there was no turning back. She didn't hate children, as her younger sister was just a child herself, but she knew they were hard work. However, if anyone was going to put in the effort, it would be Nishinoya. So the girl wasn't worried, but she still had her doubts.

Noya was a hard-working man who was always doing his best to keep Y/N happy, so if he was dropped with the sudden responsibility of another human life, he would probably work too hard and get stressed, which Y/N didn't need. But what if he left her? What if he wasn't ready for the responsibility of parenthood? Heck, he couldn't even look after himself without his girlfriend's help!

The girl paced around her and Nishinoya's bedroom, pondering over what his reaction would be, until she heard the door to their shitty apartment open, and the voice she loved so much called out her name.

"Y/N-senpai?"

Even though her heart was pounding in her chest, she smiled at the sound of him so happy and cherished it, for that mood could be ruined within a matter of minutes. Y/N took a deep breath, assuring herself that it would be ok, before grabbing the positive pregnancy test from the drawer next to the bed and shoving it into her back pocket. She opened the door to the bedroom and stepped out sheepishly, mustering a sweet smile at her goofy boyfriend. His hair was exactly the same as how it was in high school, spiked up with that little golden tuft at the top. It made her smile at how he was childish at heart, yet mature when he needed to be.

"Y/N!" Noya exclaimed when he saw her and hugged her tightly, the girl taking a while to adjust. "Ooh, I missed you so much today," he said, squeezing the girl tighter before letting go of her and holding her forearms gently.

But, his happy smile soon faded once he saw his girlfriend's face. Just from the look of regret in her eyes, he could tell something was wrong, and he was determined to find out what and make it all better for the girl he loved.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his brows creasing in worry.

"Um-" Y/N began but was cut off by the cracking in her voice. "We should sit down," she said, smiling sadly as tears welled up in her eyes.

"O-ok," Noya nodded, taking Y/N by the hand and leading her over to the couch.

The couple sat down and were silent for a moment until the boy spoke up.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked softly, running his thumb over the girl's knuckles gently.

Y/N looked down at the pairs of hands in her lap, letting a few tears drop onto hers before wiping them away and plucking up the courage to look up at her boyfriend. He looked genuinely concerned for his girlfriend, which caused her heart to break even more.

"I- uh," she started, reaching into her back pocket and pulling out the pregnancy test, Nishinoya's eyes immediately catching it. "Think you should look at this," she finished, handing him the stick.

Noya hesitated before taking the test from Y/N's hand, holding the other hand with his other one. He examined it for a moment before putting it down on the table next to him and staring at the floor. He was completely emotionless, and before Y/N knew it, more tears were running down her face.

"Noya, I'm sorry," she sobbed, her hands shaking in his.

Nishinoya looked up at the girl, a huge smile plastered on his face as he leaned in and kissed her for a good few seconds before pulling away and wiping her tears away with his thumb.

"Why? I'm glad you're pregnant, Y/N," he replied, his reaction surprising the girl. "I never knew how much I wanted kids until now. And I'm glad they're with you, because you're the only one I ever want to start a family with."

More tears filled Y/N's eyes, but these ones were tears of joy. Noya wasn't leaving her. Noya wasn't leaving her...

"Even in this shitty apartment?" She asked, a smile spreading across her lips.

"Only in this shitty apartment," he teased, kissing her again before standing up, pulling his girlfriend up with him.

He then knelt down and pulled up Y/N's t-shirt partially, so her bare stomach was showing. Y/N only raised an eyebrow in confusion, but when Nishinoya pressed his ear to her belly button, she shivered.

"N-Noya, what are you doing?" She asked nervously.

"Listening to see if I can hear anything," he answered like it was obvious, his smile growing wider every second.

"You can't hear anything you shithead, it's barely developed," she replied, giggling a little at the end.

"Ssh, don't swear, baby-chan will hear you!" Nishinoya pouted, causing his girlfriend to shake her head.

Nishinoya waited for a few minutes before sighing in defeat and standing back up, pushing Y/N's shirt back down before kissing her again.

"I love you," he said, running his thumbs over the sides of the girl's stomach as he smiled lazily at her.

"I love you too, you shithead," she giggled, nuzzling him before pulling away.

~*~

That night, Y/N actually let Nishinoya talk to the baby, the excited boy laying on the bed with his head next to her stomach, her shirt pulled up once again. He babbled on for hours about how much he and Y/N would love it so much, and how sarcastic it would grow to be. He even talked about all of his uncles and told the baby to call Sugawara "Uncle Refreshing" once it learned how to speak and to call Asahi-san "Rapunzel" on account of his long hair.

Soon enough, Y/N fell asleep, but Noya was still rambling on, talking about his and Y/N's parents, saying that the girl's mother would fatten it up just like she did Y/N, earning a slap on the head from his girlfriend. That was when he called it a day, peppering kisses on Y/N's stomach before pulling her shirt down and snuggling up to her under the covers.

"I'm so excited, Y/N-san," he said happily. "I'm gonna be a dad."

Y/N rested her head on Nishinoya's shoulder before sighing in content.

"You'll make an amazing father, Noya," she commented, receiving a kiss on top of her head.

"And I'll make sure to look after you and baby-chan and make sure you're both happy," he assured, patting the girl's stomach softly.

"I'm already happy, Noya," Y/N replied, wrapping her arms around her boyfriend's torso and cuddling him. "Happy with you, and this baby. And that's all I'll ever need."

~*~

Got real Noya feels there, he would make a fucking amazing father. Who's your favourite Haikyuu!! character?