Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Standing in The Dark

Sorry for all the Kuroo songfics.

~*~

Sitting here wide awake,
Thinking about when I last saw you.
I know you're not far away.
I close my eyes and I still see you.
Lying next to me...
Wearing nothing but a smile...

Kuroo wasn't getting any sleep that night, not unless he had her next to her. "Her" being (l/n) (f/n), Kuroo's one love and only love. But they weren't lovers anymore. And Kuroo cursed himself for that.

It had been so long since he saw her, and even longer since he spoke to her. Kuroo often found comfort just from reading old texts the two had sent eachother, the most recent ones being from (f/n) telling him to throw her duffel bag out the window to her.

After that, she never came back, and she didn't bother texting Kuroo anymore. And since (f/n) stopped returning his texts, Kuroo just stopped texting her as a whole.

Oh how he wished he had savoured all those times the two of them would cuddle up on the couch and share unnecessary kisses for no fucking reason because, every time Kuroo closed his eyes, he found himself missing them.

He missed the warmth that emanated from (f/n's) body when she slept, the softness of her skin when she had just come out of the shower, the way her bangs would fall in front of her pretty eyes every time she shook her head too much.

Kuroo swore (f/n) was too cute for her own good, and every time he closed his eyes, he saw her lying next to him with that beautiful nervous smile on her face. God, how he wanted her back.

Gotta leave right away,
Counting cracks along the pavement.
To see you face to face,
Thinking about the conversation.

I know I'm not one to change...
I've never wanted nothing more...
But as I walk up to your door...

He couldn't take it.

Kuroo couldn't take another breath without expecting to hear (f/n's) breaths from next to him, which were another thing that seemed to help him sleep.

So, he got out of bed, slipped on his Nekoma sweats, trainers and hoodie and headed out.

He needed to get out of the house as a whole, as everything in there seemed to remind him of her. In the bathroom, she'd left her (favourite fruit) hair shampoo and the sweet smell of it still lingered around the room, along with the perfume she used to wear when she went out with her friends. It was just all so surreal for Kuroo.

He didn't want to believe that (f/n) was really gone, but when push came to shove, it was the only thing he could do. He liked to think that she felt lost without Kuroo - just like how he felt without her - but he knew that wasn't the case.

He still followed her Facebook and Instagram and she posted pictures nearly everyday of her and her new boyfriend, who looked like a complete and total ass to Kuroo.

Looking down at the pavement, Kuroo stuffed his hands into his pockets and counted the cracks jolting the cement, each one resembling the cracks in his heart. He didn't even know where he was going, but he knew he wouldn't be going back to the house any time soon.

I'm standing in the dark,
She's dancing on the table.
Looking through the glass,
She's someone else's angel.

It may sound stupid that I'm wanting you back,
But I'm wanting you back, girl.
And now I'm standing in the dark, dark,
Oh, dark, dark.