Azumane Asahi ~ Of Course

I really couldn't come up with a better title for this one-shot because I've already used both 'Forgetful' and 'Happy Birthday' so if you have a better title, then don't hesitate to tell me mine sucks and change it for me.

Similar to that Tendou birthday one-shot I wrote but nevertheless requested by @ZippyRo4

~*~

When Asahi woke up that morning, he knew something wasn't right, but he never asked what it was or thought much about it. He thought Y/N might chastise him even if he did ask, so he didn't, and Y/N got even more annoyed throughout the day when he didn't realise, so annoyed that she even confronted him sometime around eleven in the morning.

"Asahi, do you know what day it is today?" She asked sweetly, and Asahi tapped his chin in thought.

"It's Saturday, right? Or is it Sunday?" He asked, starting to panic. "Oh, god, if it's Sunday that means I only have today to get that English essay done!"

"No, Asahi, that's not what I meant," she sighed, grabbing his arm before he could run off to do his English essay.

"Eh? Then what did you mean?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at his girlfriend, who was fuming at this point.

"It's my birthday, Asahi!" She yelled, and Asahi flinched solely because he had never heard Y/N properly yell before. "Did you seriously not remember?"

Asashi thought for a moment. He counted the digits in his head and everything! And that was when he realised...

Asahi gasped rather loudly and tried to grab Y/N's arm, who simply jerked away and folded her arms in front of her chest, not even looking at the man.

"Oh my gosh, Y/N, I'm so sorry! I completely forgot!" He apologised like his life depended on it, and Y/N scowled at him.

"Yeah, yeah," she mumbled. "I'm going over to Yaku's place."

And just like that, she was gone, and Asahi was left standing in the middle of the room wondering how on Earth he managed to forget his own girlfriend's birthday.

So, being the lost soul that he was, Asahi went to the only two people he could think of.

Daichi and Suga.

~*~

"Wait, let me get this straight," Suga started, his voice full of confusion. "You forgot Y/N's birthday?"

"I know! I'm a horrible boyfriend!" Asahi groaned, holding his head in his hands as Suga leaned back in his chair, folding his arms across his chest and looking at Daichi.

"Jeez, Asahi, I don't know how you managed that," the kindly setter said, shaking his head slightly.

"Yeah, how do you forget someone's birthday? Your own girlfriend's too?" Daichi added. "I'd be surprised if she forgives you after that."

"I'm starting to think that coming over to you two for help was a bad idea," Asahi mumbled, and Suga leaned forwards again.

"Ok, ok, sorry," he chuckled. "But seriously though, just apologise to her. She can't stay mad at you forever."

Asahi took what his two best friends said to heart and carried it with him all the way to his and Y/N's house, and he was really happy to see that she was back from Yaku's before he'd expected her to be.

Silently, he crept up behind his girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her neck from behind, hugging her and kissing the nape and side of her neck gently.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled in between kisses, and Y/N wanted to ignore them and him but she could tell he was truly sorry and she didn't want to spend her birthday mad at the person she loved the most.

Turning around on the couch, she wrapped her own arms around Asahi's neck and kissed his lips softly, smiling into the kiss like an idiot.

"Stop saying that, it's really annoying," she joked and Asahi pulled away with a guilty nervous look on his face.

"So does that mean you forgive me?" He asked shyly, almost like Y/N would get mad from him asking.

"Well, I couldn't stay mad at you forever, could I?"

~*~

I don't know if this is accurate or anything but I'm happy with this xD