Yaku Morisuke ~ Happy Birthday

Wow, guys, I never actually expected to get as many requests as I have so far. As of now (as I'm writing this) I've been given 11 requests and they're still open. I don't actually know how long I'm going to be keeping requests open but we'll see how it goes.

This boy was requested by MinnOwl so I really do hope you enjoy! ^-^

~*~

Being a college student and everything, it was quite easy for someone to forget their own birthday, but for Y/N, that wasn't an option.

With a loud, enthusiastic roommate like Oikawa around her 24/7, the girl never really was allowed to forget her birthday, as well as her boyfriend Yaku staying just next door.

But that didn't mean that Y/N didn't enjoy her birthday, because Oikawa would always throw a big party in their dorm just for her, but she would always end up ditching them to go spend time with Yaku.

Y/N really did love her birthday, but there was something about her 20th that just lost its flavour somehow.

Perhaps it was the thought of finally reaching twenty and having to be an adult that just scared her. And for once she was actually glad that Oikawa was away visiting his family during the weekend so she could have a chance to just relax and contemplate what the hell her life was now that she was in her twenties.

But, Yaku still knocked on that door at around midday to greet his girlfriend with a present and a kiss like he did every year, and Y/N couldn't have been more glad to see him.

As soon as she opened the door, the girl threw her arms around Yaku's neck in a tight hug - one that caught the boy by surprise, but he still hugged back nonetheless.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked, rubbing Y/N's back up and down a little before she let him go and gave him a sad sort of smile.

She wasn't wearing any makeup and was still in her pyjamas from the night before.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she nodded, stepping to the side to let Yaku in. "Come in."

Closing the door behind her boyfriend, Y/N sighed before following him to the small couch she ad Oikawa owned in their dorm and sitting down next to Yaku.

"Are you sure you're ok?" The boy asked again, reaching out to rub Y/N's arm upon noticing how pale she looked. "You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Yeah, I'm fine," she insisted, mustering a smile for her boyfriend. "Just tell me, what does it feel like to be twenty?"

The question may have sounded a little weird to Yaku, but Y/N thought it was a completely legit enquiry. But, Yaku soon saw how serious Y/N was, and even managed to smile for her.

"It doesn't feel any different from being nineteen to be honest," he answered truthfully, rubbing his chin in thought. "All it is is a number, no biggie."

"Yeah, but..." She replied, looking down at her lap nervously. "Isn't it a bit weird? I mean, people will expect so much more from you just because you're an adult."

Yaku chuckled, shaking his head at how cute his girlfriend was being, even though she had no real intention of being so.

"That's not true," he insisted, cupping Y/N's face in his hands to make her look up at him. "I mean, Kuroo's going to be twenty-one next month and he's still just as childish as he was in his first-year of high school."

Y/N considered this for a moment, before thinking twice.

"Yeah, but that's Kuroo," she said, trying to get her point across. "Everyone expects him to be a party animal, but with me...I've been sensible my whole life-"

"Then what changes that now?" Yaku interrupted, not meaning to cut Y/N off, but he did. "When I woke up this morning, I saw you as the same amazing girl that you were when you were sixteen, and seventeen, and eighteen, and nineteen. Just because you're a year older, it doesn't mean I'll see you any differently than I do now. You're still my girlfriend and that's all that matters, ok?"

Y/N smiled and nodded, and Yaku awkwardly shuffled closer to her on the couch - all the while still holding her face - before leaning in to close the gap between them, and when he did, Y/N swore she felt like she was sixteen again.

"Happy birthday, Y/N."

~*~

This was really bad, I'm really sorry xD