Iwaizumi Hajime ~ Accident

For my bae astroiwa

~*~

"Wow, Y/N, you sure do have it bad," (best friend's name) stated, causing you to blush madly and bury your head in your knees. "I mean, did you hear what you just said?"

"Gah, I know!" You shrieked, your voice muffled by the position you were in. "What is wrong with me?"

"Oh, Iwa-chan, spike that ball again; just like that!" They mimicked you, causing you to yell out in embarrassment.

"(best friend's name), I thought you were my friend!" You cried and they giggled, bringing their hand down to rub your back in circles.

"I was just teasing, it's perfectly fine for you to fantasise over the boy you love," they reassured, and you lifted your head out of your lap, staring onwards with a half-lidded gaze.

"Geez, when you put it like that it makes me sound desperate," you mumbled, and (best friend's name) smiled.

"It's nothing to be embarrassed about! I won't tell anyone, and you have my word on that," they insisted, and you couldn't help but smile a little at how they were handling this.

Sitting on the steps outside the gym, the two of you were supposed to be eating lunch when the boy's volleyball team occupied the gym to to improve on their skills and you sort of lost focus on your lunch and began to watch Iwaizumi practice.

You honestly admired Iwaizumi and everything about him, from his stubborn but caring attitude to his - almost violent - love of volleyball.

He and you were great friends and got along really well, but deep down, you wanted to be more than just friends, and (best friend's name) was the only one who knew it.

You found yourself daydreaming again when (best friend's name) called out your name and something came flying past your face at what felt like 100 miles per hour.

"Y/N!" They gasped, and you blinked once, twice. "Are you ok? Oh my gosh, that nearly hit you!"

"Wha...?" You looked behind you to see a volleyball rolling slowly towards you, and you realised that that was what almost hit you.

"Holy crap, are you ok?" You heard Iwaizumi yell from the other direction, and you turned around to see him - followed by Oikawa, Matsukawa and Hanamaki - running towards you.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine," you replied quietly, rubbing the back of your neck.

You were so confused that you couldn't even think straight.

"You look a bit pale; maybe we should take you to the nurse's office," (best friend's name) suggested, helping you stand.

"I'll take her," Iwaizumi volunteered, and (best friend's name) gave him a look of concern. "After all, it was my aggressive spiking that did this."

"But I was the one-" Oikawa began, but (best friend's name) cut him off.

"No, I think that's a great idea!" They practically yelled, handing you over to Iwaizumi, who wrapped an arm round your waist while he hoisted your arm over his shoulder and helped you walk.

"Are you sure you're ok?" He asked, helping you sit in a seat outside the nurse's office.

"I'm sure, I was just a little shocked," you chuckled. "Granted, the nurse probably won't help me because nothing actually happened but it was nice of you to bring me here."

"I'm just glad that ball didn't actually hit you," he smiled. "Killing Assikawa is something I can handle, but hurting you is something I can't live with."

You laughed. "Jesus, Hajime, stop being so dramatic. Death by a volleyball is a more fitting way for you to go out, don't you think?"

Iwaizumi chuckled at that one.

"But seriously, I'll try to better my aim next time," he said, a slight hue appearing on his cheeks as he averted his gaze from yours.

You smiled.

"I'll be watching."

~*~

I once got hit in the face with a baseball - I know it's not a volleyball - so this was inspired by that 'traumatic' experience. (It was actually really funny)