Hinata Shoyo ~ Simpleton

Kinda similar to 'Voice' I guess; you guys are so good at requesting ideas I've already written before I've actually posted them are you reading my mind or something?

Requested by ElyseKoranda so I hope you enjooyyyy!

~*~

When Y/N enrolled at Karasuno High School, she expected no one to notice her on account of the fact that she was deaf, plus the fact she couldn't talk anyway.

All of the teachers were informed about her inability to communicate, so she thought she would be ok as, if the teachers never noticed her, then neither would any of the students.

At least, that's what Y/N thought; of course she had to be wrong.

~*~

"Hinata, what's wrong with you today?" Sugawara asked, trying to calm down a - very happy - Hinata. "You're really jumpy today, well more than usual."

"The idiot thinks he's in love," Kageyama stated as he walked past the two, and Nishinoya - who somehow miraculously overheard from across the gym - gasped loudly before running over to Hinata and bombarding him with questions.

"Who is she? How old is she? What class is she in? Is she pretty?" He yelled all at once before Daichi had to yank him backwards by the collar of his jersey.

"Jeez, Noya-san, give the kid a break for once," Asahi commented and Nishinoya laughed loudly.

"Well, well, well, looks like the simpleton finally found a simpleton queen; let's hope they don't have simpleton babies," Tsukishima smirked, and Yamagichi snickered from behind him.

"Hey, Y/N's not a simpleton, she's in class 5!" Hinata exclaimed, and everyone's faces in the gym fell, even Nishinoya's.

"L/N Y/N?" Ennoshita asked, and Hinata nodded happily.

"Hinata, L/N-san's deaf," Sugawara said sadly, and even Hinata's face fell. "You don't know sign language, do you?"

Hinata shook his head and Tanaka ruffled his hair as a way to try and cheer him up.

"B-but I can learn!" Hinata exclaimed, and not even Kageyama tried to tell him he couldn't, because everyone on the Karasuno team knew that if Hinata really wanted something, he would do it.

~*~

After a few gruelling months of YouTube clips and online tutorials, Hinata had finally learnt the basics of sign language, and he was ready to talk to Y/N for the first time.

Stepping in the first-year classroom at lunchtime, Hinata immediately spotted the friendly first-year manager, Yachi, who crossed her fingers for Hinata before he spotted Y/N sitting at the back by the window, gazing out of it meaninglessly.

Sucking in a huge breath, Hinata confidently made his way over to Y/N, and when she noticed the boy standing in front of her, Y/N looked at him and smiled slightly. It was all she could do for the moment.

Then, to her surprise, Hinata started talking.

Well, he wasn't talking with his voice, but woth his actions, and Y/N understood all of them.

'Y/N-chan, I hope you don't me calling you by your first name already, but I think you're really beautiful and I wanted to ask you out on a date.'

Y/N's smile grew ever larger and she nodded sweetly, causing Hinata's whole face to light up with joy.

Perhaps he wasn't a simpleton after all.

~*~

Lmao, I'm on episode 18 of Your Lie in April and I'm already dead inside ^^