Tsutomu Goshiki ~ Hardworking

I'm not very good at writing for new characters, but I'll definitely give it a shot for PhanTrash03899 who is probably my most consistent request maker lol xD

Manager!Reader btw just because I can.

~*~

Panting heavily, Tsutomu watched as the volleyball hit the center of the court on the other side of the net, still not completely satisfied with his serves.

If he was going to be the ace in two years time, he would really need to work on his serves and how they were going to surpass the other team.

But even though he had been practicing for nearly three hours now and his stamina was near enough to zero, the boy still wasn't happy with the standards he had set himself.

Picking up another volleyball from the cart, Tsutomu got ready to serve the ball when he heard the voice of someone he loved, but in these circumstances, was the last person he wanted to see.

"Tsutomu?" Y/N asked from behind the boy, causing him to sigh.

Despite the boy's crush on his manager, she had told the boy's volleyball team to leave three hours ago and he really didn't like Y/N when she was angry.

But the thing is, Y/N wasn't angry.

She knew that Tsutomu was having trouble with his volleyball practices, and she wasn't going to get angry at him for trying harder to achieve what he wanted to achieve.

If anything, she was going to try and help him, but practicing until the point of exhaustion was not the answer.

"Tsutomu, what are you still doing here? Practice ended three hours ago," she said softly, stepping into the gym to just stand on the sidelines.

Stopping to turn around and look at his manager - who, to his surprise, was actually smiling - Tsutomu bowed down in apology.

"I'm sorry, Y/N-senpai! Please just let me finish this last serve!" He begged, looking up when he heard Y/N giggle a bit.

"No need to apologise, you can practice all you like," she insisted, starting to walk towards the first-year and placing her hands on his shoulders before pulling him up to stand straight. "But practicing until you pass out isn't the answer, you know that right?"

Tsutomu looked down at his trainers and nodded sadly, to which Y/N replied to by cupping the side of his face and lifting his head up for him.

Such a gesture made Tsutomu's face explode a million shades of red, but Y/N didn't mind. He looked cute when he was embarrassed.

Running her thumb over the boy's cheekbone, Y/N smiled sweetly at him before pulling back and handing him the volleyball he had dropped when she had touched his face.

"Go on then," she said, taking a step back for Tsutomu to serve. "Show me what you've been practicing."

Taking a deep breath, Tsutomu took his place at the back line, a wave of confidence washing over him at the fact that he had his senpai's attention.

Throwing the ball up in the air, he made a running start before jumping up and whacking the ball with all his might, but somehow the ball still managed to hit the net.

Gritting his teeth, Tsutomu doubled over in exhaustion, placing his hands on his knees to steady himself.

"Dammit..." He said to himself, feeling tears blur his field of vision. "Dammit!"

"Hey..." Y/N cooed, walking over to the boy and placing a hand on his shoulder, having to kneel down to see his face, and the tears rolling down it.

Standing up, Y/N pulled Tsutomu up, not caring how sweaty he was, and engulfed him in a tight hug, to which the boy responded to by crying even harder.

"No matter what I do, I can't get it right," he sniffled, and Y/N rubbed his back up and down reassuringly.

"You're thinking that was a fail because the ball hit the ground on your side of the net, aren't you?" Y/N asked, and she didn't need an answer from Tsutomu to know that that was the case. "Well, in a match, you have your teammates watching your back, and I can guarantee at least one of them would be able to save that ball for the team.

"In volleyball, you're not alone, Tsutomu, you have your whole team guarding you, and them the same. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes and we can't all be perfect, that's just how it is."

"But, if I want to be the ace like Ushijima-san, then serving is just the foundation," he sniffled, and Y/N could understand where he was coming from.

"Tsutomu, you're only a first-year, you have loads of room for improvement, and you practice the hardest out of everyone on the team," Y/N reassured, pulling away from the boy to look him straight in the eyes. "I bet that serve was only because you're tired...and maybe because I was watching you. But I'm not going to put a limit to how long you can practice for because I want you to get better as well, but resting up is a good way of practicing too.

"Please, just, go home and come back tomorrow rested up and raring to go, I'll be here waiting for you, ok?"

Tsutomu rubbed his eyes furiously with his arm, a little embarrassed that his crush saw him crying like a baby, but nodded nonetheless.

"Good. Now, go get your stuff so I can lock up," she said, pointing to the locker room, and she couldn't help but let out a snicker at how serious she was trying to be even though it didn't work. Even Tsutomu had to stifle a laugh. "Shut up, you dork."

"Right, but, before I go, Y/N-senpai..." The boy started, his face starting to turn red again.

"What is it?" Y/N asked, giving Tsutomu that sweet smile he loved so much.

And before he even knew what he was doing, the boy was leaning forward to press a gentle kiss to Y/N's cheek, knowing that kissing her lips would be a bit of a stretch.

"Thank you very much!" He exclaimed, bowing down again, but this time it was Y/N's turn to blush.

Ruffling the tidy hair on his head, Y/N giggled before pulling the keys to the gym out of her back pocket.

"You're welcome, you dork."

~*~

I've just has to do cross country in school and I came sixth and my body just won't let me do anything and I am flying through these requests, whoop whoop! (Flying through is the equivalent to three, fml)

Also, my friend, who has been begging me to do this for days and I'm like cHILL DUDE has cone back to wattpad after his shitty broadband blocked it for him so he's asked me to give him a shoutout and I don't have the mental capacity to do it but here we go.

youngtomlin is the guy and his book 'Poison Cups' is absolutely amazing! After every update, I'm either screaming at him the next day in school or I'm aching my thumbs trying to comment as quickly as I can because he is such an amazing writer. His books are mainly detective stuff and the thought he puts behind all of them are so incredible that I want to cry, so make sure you check him out!