Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Trust

I'm sorry this has taken me so long to do SavingInspiration but I thought about changing the theme a little bit. Obviously it's still angst to fluff, but I changed it so that Kuroo and the reader are best friends rather than a couple and you'll see why in a minute.

Warning: this one-shot contains hints of the reader being held captive in an abusive relationship. Note that I am not trying to mimic the tone of being in an abusive relationship, as this is all just practice to try and further enhance my writing skills. Thank you, my lovelies!

~*~

Y/N and Kuroo had always been tight, and even more so when they started high school together.

Neither of the two really knew anyone at Nekoma High, apart from Kenma but he rarely ever spoke anyway, so it was a no-brainer that the two would stick together for the first few weeks until they actually found friends.

Around a week into the first school year, Kuroo and Kenma joined the boy's volleyball team, and Y/N wasn't surprised really as both boys had played volleyball in junior high - one more than the other.

So, Y/N decided to sign up as the manager because why the hell not? The boy's team was in search of a first-year manager anyway, and Y/N didn't want to have to spend her time after school walking home alone.

So, all three of them were a part of the volleyball team, until Y/N met (random guys's name), who seemed like a nice guy at first, but looks can be deceiving.

They met in Y/N's first languages class, where the teacher sat the two of them together in the seating plan.

The two of them seemed to click somewhat naturally, and actually became pretty good friends. And it wasn't long after that until (random guy's name) asked Y/N out, and of course she said yes.

Obviously, Y/N still spent time with Kuroo and Kenma, but her newfound boyfriend started to get, not jealous, but more possessive.

He started to ban her from going to after school practices, even though Y/N had told him that she was the manager and that it was her duty to be there every practice, and he even started taking her phone from her because she was texting Kuroo too often when, in reality, she was just texting her mother who was away in (random country) for some work.

The years seemed to fly by for Kuroo, but drag on for Y/N, and before they even knew it, the two of them were third-years, and pretty slick ones at that.

Y/N always acted happy and nonchalant, when in her heart, every second spent with Kuroo was a mini panic attack inside her brain, wondering if (random guy's name) would catch her with him and do something to her.

And Kuroo didn't ask when Y/N started arriving to school with more makeup on her face than usual, as he thought she was just trying something new, but when he saw the bruises on her arms and down her legs that couldn't be covered up with makeup, then he started getting suspicious.

Y/N could always trust Kuroo, and vice versa, but the older boy felt like there were some pretty deep secrets Y/N was keeping from him, and he was determined to get to the bottom of them. 

~*~

"Hey, Y/N!" Kuroo called out, waving at the girl as she stood by the gate, waiting for (random guy's name) to finish up in his last class.

"Hey, Tetsu," she greeted, a little wary of the fact that her boyfriend could come out at any minute and see her talking to Kuroo. But she tried to relax, an act that Kuroo unmistakably fell for.

"Have you got a minute? I really need to ask you something," Kuroo begged, and Y/N bit her lip, nodding hesitantly.

"Thanks," he breathed out, still a little tired from running over to her from the other side of the school. "Are you ok?"