Ennoshita Chikara ~ Moonlight Drive

carcharodontosaurus I'm sorry that this title sounds like the next sequel in the Twilight saga but thanks for requesting.

~*~

When Ennoshita said "wear something causal" after proclaiming that he was taking her out for date - being his girlfriend of two years and all - Y/N didn't really know what to think.

Of course she wanted to go, but all of her previous dates with Ennoshita had been nice dinner dates where she got all dressed up, and if she had to admit, she was a little nervous for what her boyfriend had in store for the two of them.

But nonetheless, Ennoshita showed up at Y/N's house at six just as he said he would, and Y/N was a little but more than surprised to see that he had showed up with his car, and she assumed that they were going somewhere that required a car, which got her heart beating a little faster.

Opening the car door, Y/N shuddered a little from the cold air but she knew it was too late to go back and get a jacket, so she just sucked it up and smiled at Ennoshita after making sure her seatbelt was on. To her surprise, Ennoshita made no hesitation in leaning over from the driver's seat to press a gentle kiss to Y/N's lips, pulling back to smile that fucking adorable smile he had.

"So, where are we going?" Y/N asked somewhat nervously as Ennoshita started the engine and drove off from in front of Y/N's house.

"You'll see, it's a surprise," he answered, still smiling like a little dork.

Now, Ennoshita had never been the manliest man out there. He wasn't like Tanaka, he didn't have defined abs and outrageously big biceps. And he wasn't like Noya, he didn't have wild hair and a fiery attitude. But one thing Ennoshita was for sure, was romantic, and he'd been planning this date for a long time, believe it or not, and if Y/N said she couldn't make it, he would've just ended his life right there. He needed her to come.

After a few short minutes of comfortable silence between the two as Ennoshita drove to their destination, he pulled up on the sidewalk a few blocks away from where he wanted to take Y/N and looked over to her softly before getting out of the car and walking over to her side, being a total gentleman and opening her door for her.

As the two started walking down the dark street hand-in-hand, Ennoshita noticed her shivering quite a bit and stopped for a moment to take off his jacket and give it to her, which she glafly accepted with a sweet smile and a kiss to the cheek before the two set off again.

Not long after, the place where Ennoshita wanted to take Y/N was in plain sight, and Y/N finally caught hatch of what he was planning, and couldn't fight off the smile on her face.

Climbing up the hill before them, Ennoshita finally started talking for the first time that whole night, which surprised Y/N a little but she listened to what he had to say.

"So, I've been asking around and I found out when the next full moon is and it turns out it was tonight, so I really wanted to ask you to come see it with me for months, so I'm really glad you could make it, he explained, a light hue tinting his cheeks as they reached the top, and Y/N turned to look at her - painfully cute - boyfriend before wrapping her arms around his neck as he slid his arms around her waist.

Leaning in closer, Y/N smiled that damn cute smile of hers before saying, "I'm glad you invited me and nobody else."

And right before she could kiss him, Ennoshita replied with,

"Well, who else was I gonna take? Tanaka?"

And just like that, the gap between the two of them was sealed.

~*~

If you listen carefully, you can hear Tanaka sobbing in the background.

Alsooo, I know I make a lot of author's notes but I'm sorry this one is suuuuper important!

So, I've been thinking about starting a Free! x Reader one-shots book because I'm like halfway through Starting Days and my heart has just completely flipped and I'm obsessed with those gay swimmers now.

That doesn't mean I still don't love Haikyuu!!; my volleyball babies for life, but when trying to write one-shots for Haikyuu!! now, I lose motivation really quickly, so I thought about stopping my Haikyuu book and starting to work on a Free! x Reader book.

Now for those of you who have made requests on this book before I closed them, don't worry I'll still get your request done (and I'll work my butt off to do it) but other than requests, I still have around 20 or 21 more one-shots saved in draft form so I'll still be posting, I just won't be writing anymore.

I'm really sorry about this, but I'm thinking about expanding my horizons and writing for other fandoms too so I hope you understand guys.

Thank you for all your love and support on this book so far and I really hope you enjoy these last one-shots + my Free! book when I post it!