Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Prince

AU where you are a princess and the lovely Kuroo is your prince!

Requested by BlackPearl_Lilies. Sorry it's late, I've been super busy and working on other fanfictions!

~*~

Ever since she was a little girl, Y/N had always dreamt of meeting her prince: someone who was kind and loyal, with a good sense of humour that could sweep her off of her feet. And seeing as how she was the princess of (home country), she was destined to meet her prince one day.

But after eighteen years of arranged dates courtesy of her parents, Y/N was starting to think her prince would never turn up, and she slowly began to lose hope. Her parents, however, were still completely adamant on finding their daughter a noble prince who she would love, but Y/N wasn't so sure. From all the princes she had met, the princess could safely say that they were all jerks.

All of them had either been too egotistic or snobby or boastful about their pride, which Y/N hated the most in boys. She wanted someone who was trustworthy and loyal, someone who she could rely on and talk to, someone who respected her and let her make her own decisions in life - unlike her parents, who were obsessed with getting her married off to someone else.

Y/N thought she would never meet a man close to her dreams, but that was until the night of her eighteenth birthday, where her parents had arranged a ball to celebrate their daughter's transition from adolescence to adulthood.

~*~

The ball was extremely boring, and Y/N was convinced that the guests were having a better time than she was.

Sat at the back of the room, the princess huffed as she looked down at her (f/c) frilly lace dress, heaving it up a little to let some air pass through.

She hated this. All she wanted to do was stay in her bedroom, gazing out the window wishing upon stars. Just as she was about to call it a night, Y/N looked up to see a, very attractive, young man with a shit-eating grin on his face. Just from the smile he had, Y/N wanted to get up and walk past him, but when he got down on one knee and bowed his head to her, she was a little more than surprised.

"Pardon my rude interruption, m'lady, but I saw you sitting all on your lonesome and I thought that someone as pretty as yourself must be the beautiful princess of this establishment," he spoke humbly, and Y/N couldn't fight off the blush tinting her cheeks.

"Uh, y-yes I am, but you can just call me Y/N," she replied, mentally kicking herself for stuttering. "And who may you be? Someone as gracious as yourself should be addressed properly."

"Kuroo. Kuroo Tetsurou at your service," he answered, looking up at the princess with his smug grin.

Y/N giggled and wrung her dress with her hands.

"I take it you're a prince?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "I mean, you seem rather wealthy and well-mannered."

"As a matter of fact, I am a prince. Prince of Nekoma," (please don't kill me) he nodded and Y/N's heart fluttered.

She felt somewhat relieved that this guy was a prince. That meant that she could marry him and it would be ok, with her parents' approval of course. But Y/N believed her parents would have no problem with Kuroo. He was kind, well-mannered, extremely attractive, and he seemed sly - judging from that shit-eating grin he always had.

Suddenly, Kuroo grabbed her hand and stood up, pulling Y/N up with him as she blushed uncontrollably.

"I can tell that you don't like this party," he began, interlacing their fingers. "But you should try to lighten up. After all, it is your birthday."

Y/N sighed, knowing it was true, but even with Kuroo by her side now, she still couldn't help but feel simply fed-up.

"Hey," he cooed lightly, tipping her chin up with his free forefinger after Y/N looked down. "I'm here now."

Y/N gazed into Kuroo's eyes, intrigued in the cat-like similarity in them.

"Why don't we take a walk through that lovely garden of yours outside and get to know eachother," he suggested. "I for one would love to learn more about you, Y/N."

Y/N nodded, completely unable to find her words as Kuroo led her outside to the start of her garden. It was dark outside and the night air was starting to roll in, and she shivered suddenly from next to Kuroo. He noticed and took his red overcoat off, draping it over Y/N's shoulders before returning his hand to hers.

"Thanks," she blushed, inhaling the sweet scent of the overcoat that smelt like Kuroo.

Kuroo simply smiled in return and the two of them began their stroll through the garden. By the end of it, Y/N had found out a lot about Kuroo. She learnt that he was very interested in volleyball and received private lessons back at Nekoma, and also that his hair wasn't styled - he simply woke up like that.

On the other hand, Kuroo had learnt a lot about Y/N. Much to his surprise, Y/N was extremely interested in (favourite sport) and when she was younger, she used to compete in tournaments. He also found out that up to when Y/N was eleven, she would walk around the castle naked. He thought that was exactly what a princess would do, which caused Y/N to playfully punch his shoulder.

Once they neared the end of the garden, the two of them stopped walking and gazed up into the sky, their fingers still intertwined.

"Sure is a beautiful night," the princess sighed, watching as the stars glimmered in the night sky.

"Yeah, but it's nowhere near as beautiful as you," Kuroo replied, a smug grin on his face.

"Ew, you're so cheesy, Tetsurou!" Y/N giggled, playfully shoving him as his head wobbled like a bobble head.

"What are your favourite flowers?" He suddenly asked, and Y/N had to take a moment to think about it.

"Probably (favourite flower)," she answered, bringing her gaze back to Kuroo's.

He let go of her hand quickly to pluck a (favourite flower) from the bush of assorted flowers next to them and turned back to Y/N, looking down at her confused yet beautiful face. He returned his hand back to hers, interlacing their fingers again as the other hand moved up to her neatly plaited hair, placing the flower in it softly.

"Happy birthday, Y/N," he smiled softly as his hand cupped her cheek, bringing her face closer to his.

Before she even knew it the two were kissing softly and delicately, something Y/N had always dreamt about ever since she was a little girl, and now that it was finally coming true, she remembered it to be just like the kisses in her dreams:

Perfect.

~*~

I worked my butt off on this one just for you BlackPearl_Lilies so I hope you enjoyed it! 😂