Oikawa Tooru ~ Surprises

I actually remembered to write your request this time ILoveWolvezz so I hope you enjoy honey!

~*~

Oikawa Tooru was definitely a man full of surprises.

Out of all of the members of the Aoba Johsai volleyball club, nobody expected him to be the one to get married first, and they definitely didn't expect him to be the first one to have a baby.

Even though the baby wasn't born yet, it was still unexpected from Oikawa, but he was surprisingly concerned about Y/N and their baby, as he really did want to be a good father and prove to his teammates that he could be serious for once, because all he wanted was for Y/N to be happy during her pregnancy.

But that still didn't mean that he wasn't overprotective of Y/N because he was - he really was.

~*~

"Tooru, we don't need a leash," Y/N responded flatly to her husband's plea, moving on to the next aisle.

"But, Y/N!" Oikawa whined, running after Y/N, the leash still in his hands even after he turned into the next aisle. "What if the baby runs off one day when we go to the park?!"

"Well, he won't if you be a good father and watch him carefully," Y/N teased, patting Oikawa on the chest twice before turning around and continuing to walk down the shopping aisle.

Oikawa couldn't help but feel worried. Y/N was now eight months pregnant and he didn't want to risk anything at this point, but he had already spent way over the budget for the both of them and he didn't want Y/N to get angry at him.

So, resting the leash on one of the random shelves, Oikawa jogged to catch up with Y/N, lacing their fingers together when he reached her.

Looking up at Oikawa, Y/N smiled and gave his hand a quick squeeze, letting him know that she was ok.

~*~

"I'll get dinner started, ok?" Y/N said, smiling sweetly at Oikawa before heading into the kitchen.

Oikawa was still in denial about everything and couldn't stop thinking about the future negatively, and all the what-ifs that could affect their child and he didn't want anything bad to happen to either his wife or his child.

"Y/N?" He asked, taking off his shoes and hanging his coat up on the racks next to him.

"Yeah?" Came Y/N's reply from the kitchen and Oikawa headed towards the room until he was standing right behind Y/N and wrapping his arms around her waist from behind.

Y/N squealed in surprise and Oikawa rested his head on her shoulder.

"Tooru, what are you doing?" She giggled, but Oikawa didn't feel like laughing. He was genuinely worried.

When she didn't get an answer, Y/N turned the heat on the stove down before turning around so she was facing Oikawa, and when she saw the look on his face, her smile soon disappeared, replaced with her own look of worry.

"Honey, what's wrong?" She asked, and Oikawa buried his face in the crook of Y/N's neck, inhaling deeply as to stop himself from crying.

But Y/N cupped his face with both of her hands, bringing his head out from her neck and looking straight into his eyes.

Gently stroking his cheekbones with her thumbs, Y/N gave Oikawa a sad smile, automatically knowing what this was about when he placed his hands on the sides of her stomach.

"It's ok to be worried, Tooru," she said quietly and softly. "I'm worried too; but thinking about the what-ifs and all the bad things isn't going to help us, is it?"

Oikawa shook his head, trying to smile at Y/N but it coming out as more of a cry for help, which did make Y/N giggle a little.

"I love you, and I know that you'll do whatever it takes to provide for this family so you don't have to worry. You'll be an amazing father and I know it," she reassured, pulling Oikawa's face down to press a sweet kiss to his lips before pulling away and smiling at him.

Oikawa felt a smile creep up onto his own face as he pulled Y/N in for a hug, like they did when they were teenagers.

"I love you too."

~*~

god bless the ending of haikyuu!! season 3