Hinata Shoyo ~ Completely and Utterly Hopeless

Omg, I was rewatching Haikyuu!! and the part where Hinata hit Kageyama in the back of the head with the ball just played and I spit out my water at 12am because this came to mind.

~*~

Hinata was a dumbass.

He knew it. You knew it. Everyone knew it.

But most people tended to look beyond his stupidity and awkwardness and energetic ability to get riled up so easily. Most people being you.

Ever since Hinata first met you, he knew he was in love, and you loved the sheer cuteness of him because, by god he was just so cute. Of course you knew about his crush on you, and it didn't really bother you because one: Hinata was so adorable when he stuttered around you or tried to impress you with fancy quicks during volleyball practice but ended up falling flat on his face. And two: you were quite content with waiting for him to tell you or ask you out because you wanted to see how he would do it.

And jesus christ, was his way amazing.

~*~

"Sugawara-san!"

The third-year setter turned around to see Hinata running towards him and he placed two hands on the orange-haired boy's shoulders before he could run into him.

"Yes, Hinata?" He asked, flashing that beautiful smile of his.

"I-I need help asking out Y/N-chan!" He practically screamed, his voice cracking nervously as he bowed down to Sugawara.

And, honestly, the poor third year had no idea what to do so he just smiled wide - wide enough that it made his beauty mark crinkle underneath his eye - and chuckled at the boy.

"Just be yourself, Hinata!" He instructed cheerfully. "Y/N-chan wouldn't be friends with you if it weren't for your personality so just do what Hinata would do."

"Right!" He nodded. "Thank you!"

And with that, the first year was gone, already making his way to your house.

~*~

Hinata didn't take Sugawara's advice, oh no. Instead, he decided to go along with a scene from a cliché rom-com. A scene that involved a rock and a window.

This wasn't going to end well.

Hinata was standing outside your house - outside your bedroom window to be exact - with his hands shaking and body sweating.

If everything went according to plan, the rock would bounce off your window and land on the windowsill and you would notice, therefore prompting you to get up and go over to the window. You would see the rock, pick it up, read the note attached to it, then see Hinata standing on your front porch wearing a tux and everything. It was the perfect idea.

So, without a trace of doubt in his mind, Hinata threw the rock towards your window with all his might. Expecting it to bounce off the glass, Hinata didn't expect it to just smash straight through the glass and into your bedroom, and when he heard you scream, he felt his soul slowly slip away.

You picked up the rock from your bedroom floor, your heart still pounding from the shock and read the note attached to it which was written in Hinata's messy handwriting.

"Y/N-chan, I really like you. Will you go out with me?" It read and you giggled and how bluntly put it was.

Suddenly, you heard Hinata yell from outside, and you rushed over to the window to see him bowing over and over again, his orange hair bouncing back and forth on his head.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He kept yelling over and over again and you couldn't help but laugh.

"Hinata-kun, it's fine," you reassured, your eyes closed in a sweet smile and Hinata looked up at you confused.

"B-but, I broke your window," he pointed out, tilting his head to the side.

"Nah, don't worry. My dad can fix it," you waved off the matter.

"But, he'll be angry..." Hinata was so freaking confused.

You shook your head. "Not when I tell him that the guy who broke my window broke it in the sweetest way possible, and then became my boyfriend."

~*~

This sounded a lot better in my head...oh well xD