Kuroo Tetsurou ~ Dodgeball

Requested by grenda2911 even though I came up with putting Kuroo in this xP

And dodgeball because I find it better to relate this story to. Consider it an AU where you and Kuroo are the captains of the boys and girls' dodgeball teams ^-^

~*~

You spun the dodgeball in your hands while glancing up at Kuroo devilishly as his attention was averted elsewhere - specifically the members of the boys dodgeball team that he was trying to talk to. Seeing as it was raining outside, your dodgeball team was confined to sharing the gym with the boys, and you were really in the mood for a match.

"What are you thinking about, Y/N-chan?" (friend's name) asked as she came to stand next to you, noticing your evil grin.

"You'll see," you answered simply, throwing the ball up in the air and catching it before lobbing it at the back of Kuroo's head, managing to hit him.

You couldn't help but laugh out loud as Kuroo's head, followed by his head of bed hair, fell forward, and he tensed up. Even the boys on his dodgeball team couldn't hold in their snickers.

"Now that wasn't very nice, Y/N-chan," Kuroo said in mock hurt as he pouted like a puppy.

You rolled your eyes as he made his way up to you, catching bus cat-like gaze with yours.

"What are you going to do about it?" You asked teasingly, poking your boyfriend's chest.

Kuroo sighed and shook his head, letting out a light chuckle. "Y/N-chan, I know you want to fight me, but now isn't the time."

You flicked his forehead and shoved a dodgeball into his chest, forcing his arms around it.

"Line up your team," you instructed, looking over his shoulder at the other boys before returning your gaze back to Tetsurou and smirking. "We're having a match."

~*~

The match didn't take too long to start, and soon enough you and Tetsurou were the only two left. However, you found yourself in the middle of a sticky situation; all the balls were on Kuroo's side of the court, and he had pretty good aim, hence resulting in him getting most of your team out. And even though you had good aim, your reflexes weren't really the best. And Kuroo knew that.

"What a shame, Y/N-chan," Kuroo teased, spinning the ball round in his hands. "You know, you brought this on yourself."

You laughed sarcastically and placed a hand on your hip. "You sound like you're about to kill me, not throw a dodgeball at me."

Kuroo smiled a smug smile and spun the ball round on his index finger like a basketball.

"Death by dodgeball: I like the sound of that," he nodded in approval with a stupid grin plastered on his face.

You rolled your eyes. "Just hurry up and throw the God damn ball, Tetsu."

You regretted wearing shorts and a polo shirt to practise that day, as it was actually rather cold in the gym and Kuroo did have the upper hand. He has his muscles and toned abs to conserve warmth, whereas all you had were your shitty underlayers.

Kuroo complied with your demand, tossing the ball up in the air before catching it and throwing it at full force straight towards you. The ball flew across the court at full speed, and before you even knew it, you were on the floor, your head hitting down hard on the ground below you. But hey, at least you still caught the ball.

Kuroo immediately knew you were hurt not only from the squeal you let out when the ball hit you, but also due to the fact that that you weren't moving. However, you were completely conscious and had a plan.

"Y/N!" Kuroo yelled worriedly, sprinting over to you.

When he stuck his fat face in front of yours, you sat up and threw the ball at his head, sending him stumbling back onto the floor.

"Ha! You're out!" You exclaimed, getting up off of the floor and doing a victory dance.

Kuroo sat up and rubbed his head lazily before pulling you down on-top of him. At this point, the rest of both teams knew what was coming and evacuated the gymnasium as if there was a fire in it. You let out a yelp of surprise as you landed on-top of your boyfriend, your hair sprawling out all over his face.

You brushed it behind your ear and smiled at your boyfriend, kissing him on the lips shortly after. Despite the fact that you were both quite uncomfortable on the gym floor, you stayed like that for a while, as Tetsurou was given the keys to lock up once he was done with practice.

"You ok?" He asked, running a hand through your hair as your head lay in his chest.

You only groaned in response, feeling the pain of that ball to the stomach starting to get to you. Kuroo sat up slowly, practically forcing you off of his chest and into his lap.

"What's wrong? Did I hit you too hard with the ball?" He asked in a tone of slight worry.

"Yeah," you nodded, looking up at Kuroo.

"Serves you right for fighting me," he smirked, kissing you on the forehead.

You giggled for a moment, but soon pain overtook you and your laughs turned into whimpers.

"Seriously though, my stomach really hurts," you complained.

"I'll carry you home and put some ice on it," he offered, rubbing your stomach gently before helping you up and allowing you to climb up onto his back.

You buried your face into Kuroo's neck lazily and inhaled the scent of sweat and apple hair shampoo. You smiled in content as you let Tetsurou carry you home and even more so when he laid you down on your bed and returned minutes later with an ice pack wrapped in a towel.

The two of you sat on your bed, huddled together and all, in silence as Kuroo held the ice pack to your stomach while your left hand intertwined with his right one, and you used your right hand to trace swirls and patterns on his arms. You rested your head on his shoulder as he rested his head on-top of yours. You smiled to yourself as you cuddled closer to Kuroo, letting him pepper kisses on your face until your stomach was feeling better enough for the ice pack to be taken away. Then it was your turn to attend to Kuroo's head wound from where you had thrown the ball at him earlier.

"Make sure you get it in the right spot," he teased, earning a slap on the back of his head from you, right where it was hurting.

"Ow, Y/N-chan!" He exclaimed in mock hurt and you kissed him on the cheek.

"Shut it," you giggled.

~*~

I swear to god, Kuroo just...makes me want to jump off a cliff with how fucking adorable he is.