Tsukishima Kei ~ Overprotective

Re-watching Haikyuu!! for the third time has made me appreciate how long Tsukki's neck is, holy crap.

~*~

Nobody ever expected Tsukishima to be the overprotective type, not even Yamaguchi!

The lamppost himself didn't even expect to be so caring over one girl, but when he met Y/N, caring was all he ever could be.

Not only because she was the literal definition of perfect, but because she was extremely accident prone.

She was always falling over or spilling something and when she wasn't busy causing accidents, she was either having really bad mood swings or crying over period pains.

At first, Tsukki found it stupid - how Y/N was too bubbly for her own good - but he soon grew to find it cute.

The first-year found himself yearning to hear her loud laughs, craving the random unnecessary hugs she would give him when she was too happy. And he found himself wanting to be the one to catch her when she tripped and fell over - not that he didn't do that already. But he wanted it to mean something.

So, when the two started dating, Tsukishima was a little more than surprised when he found himself wrapping an arm around Y/N's waist when they were walking so she wouldn't fall over and die.

"K-Kei, what are you doing?" She asked one day when the blonde boy's arm snaked around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Just making sure you don't trip and hurt yourself; what else would I be doing?" Tsukishima replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Ooh, I never expected you to be the overprotective type!" Y/N teased, playfully punching her boyfriend's arm.

"S-shut up," he murmured, turning his head away from Y/N so she wouldn't see his blush.

"Nonsense!" She yelled loudly, attracting the attention of a few people around her. "I think it's cute that you're overprotective!"

"Tch, I'm not overprotective."

~*~

One of Tsukishima's most overprotective moves had to be the time Y/N fell down the stairs at his house.

The two were halfway through a study session after school when Tsukishima excused himself to use the bathroom, which was literally halfway across the hall from his bedroom where the two were studying.

Shortly after the tall male left, Y/N got up to get herself a drink from the kitchen and, when she reached the top of the stairs, she slipped and fell down.

Tsukishima heard a scream, followed by a few thuds, then topped off with a crash, which caused him to stop in the middle of washing his hands and run out to the top of the stairs where he heard the ruckus.

And when he saw Y/N laying at the bottom of the stairs with a displeased look on her face, the boy didn't know whether to call an ambulance or mourn over the cut on her face.

When she fell, Y/N's legs kicked the little wooden table at the bottom of the stairs, knocking off a vase that sat prettily on-top of it and cutting her cheek.

"Y/N!" Tsukishima exclaimed, running down the stairs and kneeling down at his girlfriend's side, propping her head up onto his lap. "Y/N, can you hear me? Speak to me! Are you dead?"

Before Y/N even got a chance to answer, Tsukishima leaned down to do mouth-to-mouth on the poor girl, and she managed to push him away before he began.

"Get off of me, dumbass," she grunted, sitting upright against the wall. "Sorry about the vase."

"Never mind the vase, what were you doing?!" The tall boy asked, his eyebrows scrunched up into a look of horror. (see the above picture ^^^)

"I was getting a drink!" Y/N answered defensively, slowly getting up from the floor, Tsukishima following suit.

The blonde boy sighed before rubbing his temples to relieve his stress.

"You're so accident prone, you know that?" He mumbled, ruffling his girlfriend's hair before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I may be accident prone, but you're just overprotective," the girl replied smugly, knowing it annoyed her boyfriend when she called him overprotective.

"I'm not overprotective!"

~*~

Is it just me or can anybody else imagine that, instead of music, Tsukishima listens to dinosaur roars through his headphones??